potty training, sleep and grandma's house

My two daughters are night training at the same time, their idea! We were planning on continuing with the pull-ups until they were dry a few weeks in a row (one has been day trained for a year and a half but still wets a lot at night, the other has just finished day training and hardly ever wets at night). They both started what I call their underwear mutiny -- both running in their towels to get their underwear after bath time, both screaming and fighting the pull-up. Far be it from me to stop them if they want to try, right? Well, we've had some rough nights. What is finally working for us is to take the oldest to the potty at 11 pm. Most of the time she has a dry night that way. On Friday they're going to spend the night at grandma's. My mom doesn't stay up till 11pm, and I'm not sure the wake-up would go as smoothly at her house. Plus I don't think the twin bed mattress is protected. Should we insist on the pull-up?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:42 PM on Jun. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

• Not if they really don't want them. It can get confusing going back and forth.
    When my sister used to spend the night w/me, our bed wasn't protected, so I just put some trash bags on the mattress and duck taped them on all around then put the sheet back on and when she peed all I had to do was take off the sheet, toss it in the washer, toss a couple paper towels on the trash bags to pick up the puddle, then take that off and throw it away. Worked great and it's very cheap and safe if the fitted sheet fits the mattress well.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 3:50 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• i would let grandma know, send the pull ups and let her decide. if she doesnt feel like cleaning up after them she can make the girls wear them. if she doesnt mind she doesnt have to put them on them.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 3:55 PM on Jun. 9, 2010