Have you seen the documentary "Banned From The Bible" and what did you think?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 3:46 PM on Jun. 9, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I've seen it a number of times - I have it on DVD. I think it's a great documentary but I feel as if they speculate a bit on certain points like why something was or wasn't believed or used and others were... But generally I love it!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:48 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• I just watched it lol! I wrote some interesting notes down and I can see why some things were not included however some do give a better explanation. I am amazed to see the idea of bad angels impregnating woman though! I have heard that before and seen it in other religions as well. I do however question some things that were followed at that time and yet are not in the books. I like how they said "they are letters and books" of people who believed. I am shocked however that Constantine and the bishops were the ones who decided that Jesus was God himself.
    WonderWoman1979

Answer by WonderWoman1979 at 3:49 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• I agree Sabrina. I think that for me anyway, all these banned books could have some huge influence and points. I feel that if these people who wrote them were empowered by god to write their explanation then why is it bad
    WonderWoman1979

Answer by WonderWoman1979 at 3:51 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• Wonder - You never heard about the Nephilim? Really? I always loved that story when I was a kid!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:56 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• is this the documentary they play on the History Channel? if so i've seen it several times. i like it and i think they make valid points, but sometimes they lose their objectivity about certain books. i do like how they play both sides...some lost books are genuine but left out and some lost books were obviously written much later so they should have been left out. i think the over-all message of the series is great and its one of the main reasons ive searched out the "lost" Bible books and doubt the inerrancy and completeness of the Bible.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 3:58 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• I wish i have heard alot about it but never got to see it. Is it coming back on anytime soon?
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 3:58 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• MrsBean - it's on youtube... That's where I watched it the first few times!

Here's the first part... Then you should easily be able to find the next part from there.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQWfhscudKc

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:08 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• I watched it the other day when you posted the link to it! I liked it, though I think what they say about Gnostic beliefs are too general, some Gnostics hold the beliefs they said in the documentary, but not all do. I did lie it though.

.Eveningstar.

Answer by .Eveningstar. at 4:11 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• Oops, that should be "like" not "lie" lol

.Eveningstar.

Answer by .Eveningstar. at 4:12 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• thanks sabrina
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 4:18 PM on Jun. 9, 2010