baby register....

I saw a person post something that its greedy and rude to register for a baby shower. I always thought it made it easier for people to get you stuff if they know what you need and what you like. Am I wrong in thinking that because I told my sister-N-Law to register at Target so that I would know what she needed and what brand she liked. I mean if you didn't you would end up with double or triple the stuff or with something you already have. If they don't give you a receipt then what it just sits around your house and goes to waist. I also got things for my shower that were not listed on my register and I liked what I got but that was mostly clothing and blankets. I don't know, for me I would rather someone register so I know what to get instead of guessing....am I wrong?

Savymom25

Asked by Savymom25 at 3:49 PM on Jun. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I agree completely! I always use people's registers and would prefer people use mine. They don't always, but at least they have a guide if they want one.

Answer by missanc at 4:07 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• No, You are right. A baby registry makes it easier for the people who want to buy a gift for the Baby & Mom. Especially if you are out of State. Registries are online so they can select a gift at their leisure. I would just make sure that the Mom asks for gifts in high, medium and low price points so people can spend what they wish. I did not register and I wish that I had. I ended up getting the wrong size baby clothes and items that I didn't need. I could not return them either.

Anonymous

• I like them but a lot could care less. Even if you do register. Most will not get off of it. I always ended up with tons of blankets and wash cloths.
    Anonymous

• Baby shower gifts are GIFTS. Stop complaining.
    Anonymous

• It's not rude to have a registry. It's tranditional. And to the very rude poster who smarted off about baby shower gifts being GIFTS, a baby shower is to help parents with things they will need and want and use for their baby. If it's junk they don't need or end up having double or triple of, it's not a gift. It's a waste of money. It's greedy to ask for money in lieu of wedding gifts so guests can pay for the couple to go on their honeymoon.
    Anonymous

• I usually will get a couple things off the registry and a couple things that aren't. I like to have the guideline but surprises are nice, too.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 7:03 PM on Jun. 9, 2010