job/driving

I've been cleaning for a family for about 3 years and they asked me if I could drive to Manti to clean their three story cabin. Now I clean their home for $10.00 an hour but since their cabin is 1-1/2 drive, would you ask for gas up front plus $10 an hour to clean their cabin,I would have to come back the next day to finish it up.

MarGeee

Asked by MarGeee at 3:51 PM on Jun. 9, 2010 in Money & Work

• I'd ask for the hourly pay for the drive as well. If you can swing it w/out asking up front, I'd just wait. But make sure everyone is clear on how much you'll get for the drive/gas.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 3:53 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• Standard rate is $.55/mile round trip. I wouldn't ask for payment up front if you trust them, but I would make sure they realize you'll be adding it to your standard rate.
    customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 4:58 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• I totally agree with the last answer. You don't want to charge more than the standard rate per mile and I would not ask for it upfront.
    Congrats on the additional house though, you must have great service :-)
    ChristinaAtHome

Answer by ChristinaAtHome at 5:09 PM on Jun. 9, 2010