If you don't get updates for people on Facebook but you go to their page...

and see they have activity. Have they specifically turned you off for updates? Do you do that? How do you determine who you would do that for?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:08 PM on Jun. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It's in the privacy settings. And no, I don't do that... it's a pain in the ass to choose who can see or not. I just don't bother friending them if I'm going to exclude them from what they can see or not on my activity or page.
    ManicMomma02

Answer by ManicMomma02 at 5:14 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• If they've intentionally blocked you from viewing their updates, than you wouldn't see them even if you went to their page. Facebook determines what updates you view on your home page. It can be rather annoying at times.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 5:17 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• Is it a thing where maybe they friended you to be nice but they don't really care for you that much. If I go to their page I can see activity but it doesn't show up on my page as updates. They also don't get your updates I assume. I barely do anything on Facebook , update status maybe once a week if that, don't play games etc.
    Anonymous

• "Facebook determines what updates you view on your home page"

Like you will only see random stuff, not everything people put out there?
    Anonymous

• If they have blocked you from their updates, you wouldn't be able to see them if you went to their page.

It's more likely you accidentally blocked them. Or if you have a high number of friends, FB will randomly choose 250 of them for you to see thier updates.
    zoeysmom331

Answer by zoeysmom331 at 5:20 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• Facebook determines what updates you view on your home page

No you do. Just change your settings
    Anonymous

Yes, sometimes they do that. It's also possible that they are not updating their status, but playing games, commenting on other people's status's and such so it would only show that on their homepage.
    zoeysmom331

Answer by zoeysmom331 at 5:21 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• They have either blocked you from receiving updates OR you have them hidden.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 5:33 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• go to the bottom of your news feed, edit options, there is a setting for the number of updates you see. make that number higher. i think it maxes out at 5000. you should be able to fix the issue that way.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 6:48 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• Maybe you just missed their update. I know I have before. Especially if you have a lot of friends. It's hard to keep up with all of them.
    As for if they have turned off their updates from your view, I don't know if you can ever find out if they did this.
    chavela_carlita

Answer by chavela_carlita at 2:11 AM on Jun. 10, 2010