5 month old refusing bottle....

Recently my baby had caught a little stomach bug from his cousin, then I and his father caught it. Now during this he never had a fever, had diarrhea about twice a day (IF that sometimes he was fine) and he has been smiley and playful the whole time. The most serious parts that I noticed ran from Fri-Sun however I know babies eat less when having an upset stomach, but its now Wed. and I can barely get him to eat. He eats his solids just fine and I know he isn't dehydrated but it seems he only wants 1 or maybe 2 oz (if i'm lucky) then he's done and starts crying if we try to give him any more. I was just wondering if anyone else has gone through this or if you know about when his eating schedule should get back to normal...he went from 35 oz a day to 20....just worried because he has no other signs of upset or anything wrong now besides refusing the bottle.

JennaJ721

Asked by JennaJ721 at 5:18 PM on Jun. 9, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Maybe he is still not over it. I could be that it has effected his sense of taste. That stuff doesn't taste that great to begin with so maybe it's tasting worse now...I wouldn't worry too much. My DD went for almost 2 weeks without milk or formula per doc orders.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:27 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• He is probably still not feeling 100 percent. If you are worried about his fluid intake, I would call his pediatrician. That being said, I'm not sure what the PP was talking about but no one, including a child can go 2 weeks without fluids.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 6:13 PM on Jun. 9, 2010