Thoughts on Mirena??

I want to get Mirena after my son is born. I can't handle anymore kids right now, two is plenty for me. I was on the pill when I got pregnant with number two and my doctor said she thinks that the pill just won't work well for me.

Is an IUD the next best option? Any thoughts on an IUD, the patch, etc?

I prefer to avoid Implanon or the Depo shot..

imamommmmyyy

Asked by imamommmmyyy at 5:39 PM on Jun. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I loved my Mirena. Now, I did spot and bleed randomly the first seven months but once I was done with that when I had periods they were only two days if that.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 6:01 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• I got preggers on birth control pills and the patch...I put in Mirena after I had my 11 month old, the first 2 hours after it was put in I felt like I was going to die, I felt horrible, like sick and cramps but almost a year later I love it, we choose this BC because we were not sure if we were done, this gives us the option to think about it for the next 5 years and try to get pregnant right away if I ever choose to remove it.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 6:41 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• some people had pain right after the insertion. I didn't. My period was a little weird at first but now i don't have one at all. The most i might wear is a panty liner. ITS FANTASTIC!! You do have to trust it though. My boobs were only sore when i was pregnant but being on Mirena made it hurt each month making me think i was pregnant. It's been 4 years and i'm not pregnant!!
    M4LG5

Answer by M4LG5 at 7:17 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• OP HERE- Thank you ladies for the insight =) I am young and have a 14 month old daughter and a son who will be here next month. I know I want more kids but not for a while. You all make me feel better about the idea of getting Mirena, I was unsure because I hear a lot of bad things but most are from people who have never had it. Thank you!
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 10:29 PM on Jun. 9, 2010