Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Child Support

recently i went to court my child father didn't showed so they rewarded 500 dollars for child support for my one child. Now the father is mad, he want another court date so he can add his other 2 kids. Will they change the child support for him and how soon.

Answer Question

Asked by gnazario at 5:54 PM on Jun. 9, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (2)
  • I don't know exactly as every court and every state is different. However, it is likely that the support will definitely lower if he is able to add them (which he should be able to).

    Answer by Anonymous at 5:56 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

  • I have been going for years and I got to keep my award. He can get is lowered if he files for hardship. In Alabama it is based on the parent's income. My child's father is trying to get it lowered, but hasn't filed yet. GL

    Answer by twdivine24 at 5:59 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.