if u were a teen mother

hey cafemoms so lets me give you guys the rundown OK So im a socialworker(child,family,and school)so today i got a call from a high school asking can i come out and talk to young girls,about teen pregancy stds, and so on,(by the way my husband is going to talk to the teen boys) ok so just so i wont forget anything is there anything else i need to cover in my speech i really dont want to forget anything also im doing a POLL on 100 teenmoms
so if u were a team mom and u graduated from high school please write so below
if u were a teen mom and following ur dreams/goals didnt get in the way of u being a mom please write so below

if u were a teen mom and u dropped out of school after or before u had ur baby please write so

please and thank u :)
also i really dont like annoymous Qs so if ur not comfortable with writting ur answer i understand just message me

LABELmeCUTE

Asked by LABELmeCUTE at 6:03 PM on Jun. 9, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

• i dropped out of hs to get married at 16..... i had my son at 19. have a ged
    joycegina

Answer by joycegina at 6:05 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• I dropped out before I got pregnant. Because of the laws around here i can't get my ged and start college until October.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 6:11 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• I got pregnant at 16 and my 2 year old was at my high school graduation. I wasn't able to go to college and get the job I wanted but we make it... It was very hard but then again motherhood is not always easy for everyone...
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 6:12 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• talk to them about RESPECT, how important it is. And to have dreams so not a thing will get in their way. And do not do what everyone is doing, it may not be good for you.
    You give up your child hood, dances, sports, going out with friends. You are a mother and have to put that child first.
    So stop and think before you do anything. It only takes once to get pregnant.

You are not dogs in heat you can control yourself. (that is what I tell teens)
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 6:23 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• I was 16 when I got pregnant, I was also a runaway, after I had my son I managed to get my own place, I did graduate from high school when my son was 4 months old. The one thing that inspired me to continue to have goals for myself and want better for my son was the fact that I heard over and over again from family members that I was never going to be anything in life, that I would be stuck having children and living off the government the rest of my life. That inspired me to prove everyone wrong, I had gotten myself in that situation, I was going to finish high school, I was going to get a job and provide for my son without anyone's help and I did! College was hard though, I went back to college on and off 3 years ago and I am still trying to finish, but I also have 3 othe kiddos my older son is almost 14 so I guess never let anyone tell you that "you can't" or "you wont", because really you can and you will!
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 6:38 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• Well I am not a teen mom but know many. My grandma was 17 when she had my aunt. She had to drop out and she was 51 when she graduataed college! I was at her graduation and I am her 5th grandchild. She was a waitress until she had to retire. All 4 of her kids did something with thier lives and my grandparents divorced when my mom( the youngest) was little. She got re-married to the best man ever my Pa and she will tell you she regrets having kids so young but loves them all. My aunt had my cousin at 18 she had already graduated high school and is now one of the best parilegals in NY. My cousin had her baby at 17 and she was not so great but her parents took over raising her DD and now they are all happy. A friend of mine had her DD at 18 and dropped out but now had her GED and getting more on her feet since her mom passed and her dad moved to another state. Those are my stories lol hope they help!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 6:55 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• i had my dd a month before i graduated. stress to them how hard it is to become a parent at all, and how much free time you DO NOT have as a parent. i'd give them stats on relationships working out at that young. how much it costs to raise a child. i'v put my plans for college on a back burner to raise my dd, and now i have another on the way and plan to wait longer now.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 8:07 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• I had my DD when I was 17 and yes I did graduate high school. I was a super senior because I took a year off but I still did it. 7 days a week I was up at 5:45 either going to school or work. I had no free time but I didn't care because I spent every minute I wasn't working or going to school with the love of my life my baby girl. It was very hard and I pray my girls wait til they are adults. I also did all of this with NO PA AT ALL. I breastfed and my parents helped me so much. I could not have done it without the support I had from family. I never really wanted to go to college because I had no help money wise. I took a few entry level crap paying jobs and it took 6 years to land my dream job. Now I'm the head broker for a huge candy company. My DD is hearing impaired and I went into to debt to finance her private speech, and it was worth it. I'm proud of myself and I know without her I wouldn't be the success I am today.
    Fordmomma

Answer by Fordmomma at 10:21 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Take a colicky baby with you. that has a poopy diaper on.that may get their attention.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 1:00 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• I'm 17 years old and 21 weeks pregnant. I just graduated from high school and I'm enrolled in college ( I was able to get 2 free years from A+, I had to get good attendance, volunteer, and get good grades and it pays for 2 years of community college), I will be taking online classes so I can take care of the baby, my bf is still in college on a football scholarship and he has a job. We are moving in to our own duplex in 2 months. So far I haven't had to give up anything. My parents have been very supportive and so have all my friends. I have always been more comfortable in my home and around small groups of people so I am not at all a typical teen. Giving up the whole teen partying things isn't a big deal to me because I would rather stay at home with the baby then be partying.
    RachelRae17

Answer by RachelRae17 at 11:56 PM on Jun. 10, 2010