awesome spagetti recipe?

I love spagetti. does anyone have an awesome recipe? something you always do to make yours special?

mywonderyears

Asked by mywonderyears at 6:32 PM on Jun. 9, 2010 in Food & Drink

• umm i put pizza seasoning and oregeno in the sauce,and peppooronies sausage and meat balls,and my sibs love it with cheese and ranch.

were actually having spaghetti tonight for dinner.
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 6:35 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• well im italian, my familys italian .. my mom and my grandmother make the most amazing home made sauce, meatballs / other meats and speggati EVER but i am yet to fully learn there recipies, nor do i have a pot big enough to make there home made sauce so for now... i just buy ground beef, and cook it with oil, adobo and garlic powder until its nice and brown, and then i drain the oil but not all of it. i like to leave a pretty good amount of oil still in the pan with the meat, pour in some ragu - whatever kind you like, i perfer either the traditional or the meat one but there all good, they have so many different kinds, let it all cook together for 10 minutes, and then either mix in your pasta or just pour in on top! i perfer whole wheat to keep it healthy! its pretty damn good, but the trick really is the oil with the adobo and garlic powder! & dont forget the parm cheese!!
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 6:37 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• i sautee cubes of fresh chicken breast in garlic salt, table salt, and pepper while making the spagetti. i always ad some salt to the boiling water to season it. once drained ad a little margerine and a little meat sause (enough to coat the noodle but not so much that they're swimming in it) mix in the chicken and serve
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 6:44 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• I saute 3-5 cloves of garlic and 1 chopped onion in olive oil. Then I put in 3 small cans each of tomato paste and sauce and 1 can of chopped tomatoes or two fresh tomatoes chopped. Here's where I'm going to guess because I just throw from this point out. I use equal amounts maybe a tablespoon each of thyme, rosemary, basil, and oregano. I then add enough red wine to get the right thickness of the sauce and let cook for 2-3 hours. The meatballs are much easier. 2 lbs ground meat 2 eggs then around a cup or two of italian seasoned bread crumbs. mix together and roll into balls place on a sided cookie sheet and cook in a 350 degree oven until they are done add to sauce.

oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 7:45 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• Add ricotta cheese :)
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 8:25 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• txdaniella: I do the same thing and it is amazing!!!

I also add cream cheese if I don't have ricotta. I make a 5 minute sauce that is simple and delicious. Saute chopped garlic in olive oil, add a can of diced tomatoes...cook until heated, about 5 minutes. Serve over cooked pasta. Especially good on angelhair or thin spaghetti.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:04 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• Same as Older momof5 but I put in the spices before the tomato paste, along with diced black olives, a shredded carrot, 2 diced green peppers & a teaspoon of honey. I also put in the can & the fresh tomatoes, add more spices (mostly basil- about a 1/2 cup) and then let it simmer for 4 hours stirring constantly. After mixing the meatball mix (meat, egg, basil, parsley, pepper, & bread crumbs) I place it directly into the sauce to cook. Takes about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
    The sauce should be in the pot for no less than 6 hours to get the best flavor.
    elizabooks

Answer by elizabooks at 1:54 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• MMMmmmm...
    I like mine with tomato sauce, of course. BUT,--- I also like it "bare-bones" al Fresco... That is,--- just with olive oil, fresh basil, fresh oregano, a little fresh rosemary and diced garlic. Add fresh tomato slices...

YUM !!!... Mangia !!!
    IndigoRose

Answer by IndigoRose at 2:02 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• I only know one recipe for spagetti sauce

1 get the jar off the shelf
    2 open the jar
    3 pour sauce into large microwave safe bowl, cover with lid
    4 heat on high for 3 minutes

Pour over noodles that were also cooked in the microwave earlier. (you, know the frozen kind, lol)

I am the Mircowave Queen!! LMBO!!!!
    Anonymous

• I had a friend who made a chili-style spaghetti once. There was some chili powder and red pepper flakes and a dash of tabasco mixed in with the meat sauce. I also remember her using oregano. It was a baked spaghetti with melted cheddar cheese on top. It was really good!
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 6:06 PM on Jun. 10, 2010