is it too much to ask for an equal relationship?

i am breaking up with my so because he treats me like a child. he never helps me clean,cook,do laundry, or take care of our son. he is a huge slob. he never picks up after himself. i wonder if i will ever find someone who will pick up after himself and treat me like an equal. do you think it's too far fetched to think that a woman and man can have an equal relationship? or can a woman have an so or dh who will help them with things and appreciate all that a wife or girlfriend does?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:33 PM on Jun. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• wow. in my opinion he's trying to be such an ass that u'll leave him so he doesn't have to leave u. If he wants to keep u than tell him u start going to counciling together or u r out. it's disturbing that he wants u to give up u're son
    Anonymous

• WOW! I am sorry that you have to deal with that. I do however feel like I am treated as an equal on most accounts. I wish you luck and hope that you will find that happiness that you are after.
    coala

Answer by coala at 6:35 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• i hear you sista! do you work? does he work?
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 6:40 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• So you are going to break up with a man bc you didn't take the initiative to talk with him before having a family to ask him about boundaries and who will do what within the family? You spent time with this man. You got to know him before you decided to reproduce with him and now you are blaming him for his faults you knew about? This just makes no sense. Do what you want but you are just as responsible for the state of the relationship as he is.
    Anonymous

• actually he wasn't like this until recently. he told me to give up our son for adoption. i will not give up my son for any man. he has completely changed ever since he started talking to his ex. i have told him i don't appreciate him talking to her. when she doesn't respect me but he continues to talk to her anyway. in my opinion i deserve better and so does any other mom in my situation.
    Anonymous