Trying to let go and trust

I have been with my SO for 8 months, and I am trying so hard to just let go of all my crap and trust him. Not just fidelity wise, but with my emotions, etc. I over analyze and over think every little thing and if just one thing is misworded or "off", I start to think he doesn't want to be with me, he doesn't really like me, blah blah blah :) I know it's not rational, and I'm trying to let go. Any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:03 PM on Jun. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• Did you have a bad relationship before him? Did you get with this guy to soon after you broke up with the other guy?

That might be the problem. You are not ready for a new relationship.

Answer by louise2 at 7:12 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• My ex-husband was kind of verbally and emotionally abusive. We have not been together for nearly 2 years. I have always been like this; although I'm sure past experiences don't help.
    Anonymous

• Sometimes we are listening for clues that they have or are leaking. I mean they do tend to just hit the edge of life and only leave symbols or cryptic messages in the air for us to just wonder and that is how they are usually going to live on anytime or with anyone. It's never just one word, it's usually a month or 2 or 3 of just plain 'offness' the men are good at controlling. So it's a natural thing when I'm bored to assume they hide stuff, being they do. Why care. Go on write, dream, live, buy stuff, they don't give a crap anyway.!!:: : : )
    Anonymous

• so you've been like this all the time. >>?? It's not off thinking if you know that it's past the limit of what they want to be. I mean they do their thing, we do ours. Do your thing.
    Anonymous

• you need more confidence in yourself. i know this sounds dumb but when i was younger i had no confidence. so i'd look in the mirror and tell myself one good thing about me. i had to tell myself i deserve someone good and deserved to be happy. you're going to have to get more confidence and be less insecure for any relationship to work. good luck.
    Anonymous

• It sounds like you need to work on you. We all have to (I am right now). If you do not work on your trust issues, you will end your relationship. It will help if you find out where these feelings come from. Even if this relationship does not work this to carry over to your next. Find someone you can trust to talk to or find a local counseling center to help you.
    hdwotd

Answer by hdwotd at 10:00 PM on Jun. 10, 2010