I've been babysitting a 6 month old two days a week for the past three weeks and the mom is accusing me of doing something to her baby because he's been more fussy for her than normal?!?!?

He is a fussy 6 month old baby. When he is here I try to comfort him and I hold him a lot. I have never "done" anything to her baby. I am highly insulted. I do the best I can to take care of her children. I also care for her 2 1/2 year old. I've tried to explain to her that maybe he's teething or something. I don't know why he's been more fussy than normal.
Maybe my holding him often has something to do with it..but I wouldn't consider that a bad thing..I would be happy to know my childs caregiver was being loving and trying to comfort my child during this transistion rather than just ignore him and let him cry.
What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:23 PM on Jun. 9, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think if she continues to complain she needs to take care of her own kids.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:25 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• Id tell her where to stick it......:)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 7:30 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• I think before things escalate she needs to find a new caregiver. The money isn't worth having her accuse of something awful and what if she decides to talk to the authorities? Tell her to find someone new.
    Tawanda74

Answer by Tawanda74 at 7:33 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• maybe your holding him is making it difficult for her at home. Maybe she doens't have the "time" to hold her child all the time. Or she isn't a mom to hold her child all the time. This can make him fussier because when he's with you that's all you do, then when he's with mom he doens't get it. I personally would be upset if some one held my child all the time. I don't hold them unless they need it or want to have cuddle time.
    Anonymous

• How can you not have time to hold your infant?
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 7:35 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• I would find another child to care for. She may acuse you of something worse very soon. She sounds like a nut. I would leave her ASAP and tell her exactly why you are leaving. It is Not an easy task to find another caregiver for your child. Dump it all on her lap.
    Anonymous

• I am a caregiver and I hate when the parents do this kind of crap. I had a girl tell me I don't ever giver he child an attention and her daughter told her that as soon as she drops him off I put him in the play pen... i told her it is his nap time when you drop him off, you don't give him a nap at home so it's time for one when he gets her... Then I give her my notice and said find someone else i am not dealing with this crap.... Know years later i am watching a 3 yr old have had him since he was 8 months old and we are potty training him.... Which he is doing great with here and doing ok with mom but when he gets to dads he doesn't do anything. So the mom tells me he said she needed to get a new sitter because the sitter isn't doing anything to help... excuse me he doesn't pee his pants her at all when I have him unless he comes back from his dads house and you know they didn't do anything with him. somethings this job sucks
    Anonymous

• Let her find another sitter. If she can't appreciate the loving job you're doing, and she's not gonna be happy you need to let her walk. What are you going to do? Ignore her baby and let him get a flat head with a bald spot? Maybe she'll find a mediocre sitter. It's very sad for the baby but this could blow up in your face later.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:22 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• It's normal for babies go in and out of fussy stages. If she can't accept that and she continues to blame you, tell her if she's uncomfortable she should find another sitter.
    EmilyandIsaac

Answer by EmilyandIsaac at 5:46 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• I say she needs to find someone else b4 she accuses you of stuff your not doing... In the long run I think tht may be the best thing...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:47 AM on Jun. 10, 2010