First fathers day with a child..Need creative minds :)

I dont want to buy anything cause i dont want to spend DH money on a gift for him..lol..That just seems wrong...I need craft or home made ideas...Thanks mamas!!!!

carsonsmommytam

Asked by carsonsmommytam at 7:29 PM on Jun. 9, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• for my DH's 1st fathers day I got a craft thing at walgreens for like $6.99...... to make a clay imprint of our sons hand! that is as crafty as I get, sorry, lol.... but at least between that and a card you can probably come up w/ the $$$ from couch cushions and your change jar. I was the same way early on about spending "his" $$$$
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 7:32 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• I do have a change stash..lol...but, he got me a footprint clay pic frame for mothers day...:( Great idea though :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 7:33 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• PS ..... this fathers day (our 7th year of marriage) the kids are making him cards and got him some (cheap cheap) BBQ grilling tools. From me I got a him tickets for him and a buddy to go see a local racing show, which he loves. For other holidays I've made him coupon books both nice (1 sleep in as late as you want & redeem for getting out of any one thing I ask you to do in the next 6 months) and naughty (use your imagination) I also once as a Valentines gift put a mushy love you poem in the newspaper.

hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 7:36 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• I think when the money thing makes u nervous, the key is to get him something that he normally wouldn't get himself. Like for my husband it was race car tickets (it's a local show, not nascar.... cost like $45 total including a few beer coupons!) Is there a movie playing he'd like to see that normally you'd say heck no about going to? A restaurant he wouldn't even ASK about 'cuz he knows u hate it? ..... and when in doubt u cannot go wrong with the biggest ribeye for sale in your whole tri county area.... and cook it naked. lol.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 7:39 PM on Jun. 9, 2010