Christians- Once Saved Always Saved?

Christian moms I am interested in your POV. Once you are saved, can you lose your salvation? What say you? Can you back your opinion with scripture?
-God Bless =)

natural.mama

Asked by natural.mama at 7:36 PM on Jun. 9, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• "lose" your salvation? no. Walk away from your relationship and let go of your salvation? yes.
    Anonymous

• Yes there are some people who can lose their salvation. But be of those who believe and are saved!

Hebrews 10:39
    But we are not of those who shrink back and are destroyed, but of those who believe and are saved.

Read this next scripture, it is so beautiful....

Hebrews 7:25 Therefore he is able to save forever those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them
    m2KnL

Answer by m2KnL at 8:28 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• So, if believers can lose thier salvation- how do interpret John 10:25-30?

25Jesus answered, "I did tell you, but you do not believe. The miracles I do in my Father's name speak for me, 26but you do not believe because you are not my sheep. 27My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. 29My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all[d]; no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand. 30I and the Father are one."

(NIV)

natural.mama

Answer by natural.mama at 8:29 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• Well, natural.mama, maybe because they are of those who shrink back. They chose to stop believing. But we are safe in Jesus' hand when we continue to believe. No one can snatch us out of Jesus' hand, no other person, nor other powers, neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation.
    m2KnL

Answer by m2KnL at 8:37 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• As a former Christian...I would even answer this no.
    WonderWoman1979

Answer by WonderWoman1979 at 8:42 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• 1John 2:19 says, "They went out from us, but they did not really belong to us. For if they had belonged to us, they would have remained with us; but their going showed that none of them belonged to us."

Maybe if they chose to stop believing then they were never truly believers in the first place. Just a thought...
    natural.mama

Answer by natural.mama at 8:42 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• WonderWoman- can you give scriptural reasons why you would say no?
    natural.mama

Answer by natural.mama at 8:44 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• nope. I never did and never will quote from the bible. It was in my thoughts as a former Christian that I do not believe once you are saved you are always saved only becuase of reasons that I have seen. It of course doesn't mean my opinion is right. My husbands grandparents say that he will go to heaven because he is saved...now..he doesn't pray, believe in god, go to church or anything else so therefor I don't believe it.

I do like that quote though from John. If I didn't really belong to "us" whoever "us" is then I am ok with that and know that I am not damned lol
    WonderWoman1979

Answer by WonderWoman1979 at 8:46 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• "1John 2:19 says, "They went out from us, but they did not really belong to us. For if they had belonged to us, they would have remained with us; but their going showed that none of them belonged to us."
    Maybe if they chose to stop believing then they were never truly believers in the first place. Just a thought.."

Well, they were of those who "shrink back." Here are some scriptures about shrinking back----

Hebrews 10:38
    But my righteous one will live by faith. And if he shrinks back, I will not be pleased with him."

Hebrews 10:39

Revelation 12:11
    They overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony; they did not love their lives so much as to shrink from death.

Matthew 25:8 And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone
    m2KnL

Answer by m2KnL at 9:05 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• Cont. Here are some more scriptures you might want to examine---

And see 2 Peter 1:10, we are warned not to "fall.". 2 Peter 1:10 Therefore, my brothers, be all the more eager to make your calling and election sure. For if you do these things, you will never fall,

Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled; Hebrews 12:15. (Here we are warned that one can cause trouble and cause many to be defiled.)

We must pay more careful attention, therefore, to what we have heard, so that we do not drift away. Hebrews 2:1. (Here we are told how to not drift away.)

Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace. Galatians 5:4. (Here we are told we could fall from grace.)

m2KnL

Answer by m2KnL at 9:11 PM on Jun. 9, 2010