Do your kids go ape sh*t over the ice cream man?

My kid goes in to like super crazy mode whenever he hears the ice cream man. He goes around trying to collect quarters all the time to "pay for the ice cream man", his dad always has change falling out of his pockets in the laundry room, so that is where he finds most of his ice cream money lol. He is even to the point to where if he is in the other room and hears some music on the tv he comes running out yelling "COME ON I HEAR THE ICE CREAM MAN!!!" lol. I try to only let him get an ice cream maybe once or twice a week, so if when he doesn't get to get one he stands with his nose against the screen door all pouty saying the Ice cream Man is missing him lol.

GavinsMommii

Asked by GavinsMommii at 7:53 PM on Jun. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My boyfriend does, lol!
    Affirmation

Answer by Affirmation at 9:39 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• shay-why not???

Yes, mine does and he's almost 7..lol. I do make him use his own money and limit it to $1 unless it's a special occasion.
    Anonymous

• and his grandpa is cool in that he'll write him a letter and include $5 for the ice cream man...it's sweet, scores points, and saves my bank account...lol
    Anonymous

• My daughter can hear the ice cream man truck blocks away...but she can't hear me calling her name when it's time to clean up.
    lizmarie1975

Answer by lizmarie1975 at 10:59 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• I wish we had an ice cream truck here, I remember one when we lived in california growing up and it was always the highlight of the day, when we got to buy something which wasn't oftem.
    niehoff9

Answer by niehoff9 at 11:00 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

Same here but I'm in Ohio. We live on a main street and in the 10 years that I lived here, there has never been an ice cream truck. I want to take my kids where my mom lives because they go down her street twice a day. I just want them to experience at least once.

It's ice cream, I'm not gonna freak and worry about the person selling it. There are creepy people everywhere.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 11:18 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• My daughter is 15 months old so no, but when I was pregnant with her, I was craving this cherry-banana popsicle they have. I heard the ice-cream man and by the time my husband got a couple dollars out of his wallet and I was running out the door he was turning the corner down the street. I must have looked pitiful because he backed up and came up the road. He said I looked so sad and he could see me being upset all the way down the street. I told him do not mess with a pregnant woman and her cravings. He laughed at me and said it was on the house.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 11:18 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• I saw an episode on MTV's pimp my ride, it was an ice cream truck. They found a family of mice living in this ride and the guy was still selling! Anyways, MTV did pimp the ice cream truck and it was pretty awesome! I told my son about the family of mice living in the truck and the kid still runs looking for ice cream:)
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 2:01 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• i would never allow my son to buy icecream from an icecream man so no he wouldnt go apeshit
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:56 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• LOLOL! My son is too young to do this, but I remember vividly acting this way when I was little. For some reason, ice cream always tasted better when from the ice cream man. Plus, my ice cream man was cool..he had all kinds of candy and snacks. I was always frantic because if you didn't get outside in time, he'd drive right by. My dad had a change jar that I always got in for my ice cream truck money. It was one of the best parts of lazy summer days. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 8:11 PM on Jun. 9, 2010