Hip pain

I'm 27 weeks along and for the past week, it feels like my hip is all out of place. It hurts so bad. When I get out of bed in the morning, I literally limp to the bathroom. I don't know what to do about it, and I figure it will only get worse in the next 13 or so weeks. I sleep with a pillow between my legs already, and that doesn't seem to help. I also refuse to go to a chiropractor because I know that they cause more damage than good (seriously, how can forcibly moving your spine actually NOT be damaging?).

Is there anything else that I can do? I don't go back to my doctor for almost two weeks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:02 PM on Jun. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Chiropractor!! seriously, my FIL is one and it was amazing when i was pregnant. it relieved SO MUCH!! its not just for backs either, it relieves sicknesses some time, stress, and lots more

but what you are going through is pretty normal. Try more pillows between your legs.. god i remember rolling out of bed LITERALLY every morning or i woud have to lay there for lie 20 minutes after waking up and slowly spreading my legs because it hurt SOOO bad.... try a heating pad too on your hips i did that and it felt GOOD!!
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 8:07 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• yoga
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 8:10 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• Nothing worked for me. I had it horribly from 8 weeks until I delivered at 39.
    acurran88

Answer by acurran88 at 8:22 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• I had horrible hip pain like you. It hurt to sleep on it, and if I stood or walked too long, the pain would be excruciating. I even experienced a burning sensation sometimes. My Doctor diagnosed me with Bursitis of the hip joints. I was treated with anti-inflammatories and stretching exercises. I'm not sure if that's what your situation is, but it's just a possibility. I hope you find relief soon...Good Luck!!
    Sherriclr

Answer by Sherriclr at 8:37 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• Pain in the hips is very common during the last trimester. You can try some hip exercises to feel relief from hip pain. There are some who are reading all about DePuy hip replacement to get relief from the pain.

CatRus09

Answer by CatRus09 at 5:28 PM on Apr. 13, 2012