Package tracking via USPS

I ordered a game off of ebay last week and according to the tracking the packaged arrived at my local post office Monday morning and went out for delivery mon afternoon. and was delivered at 1:30. Its weds and I still don't have my package. So Today I went to the post office to find out what was going on. The woman there told me that just because the tracking says delivered it doesn't mean it was delivered and it was prob. still being processed.. I was like ok.... I still didnt get hte package today, so I called the post office main number to talk to someone else. I told her what the woman told me and she just laughed. She said they'd look into my case and contact me later in the week. So basically, what happens if they can't find it? Am I just out 20$? If delivered doesn't mean delivered then what does it mean? lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:28 PM on Jun. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Contact amazon....
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 8:29 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• If the tracking says delivered, then your mailperson had to have scanned it as delivered. It's not automatically entered, as far as I know. I had the same issue just a few weeks ago, and it turns out the substitute mail lady marked it as delivered but ended up taking it back to the post office. I bugged the postmistress until she found my package.

Do you live in apartment building or housing complex where the package could have been delivered to a different box number? Or someone may have stolen it?
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 8:47 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• OP here. I don't know why I hit the anon. button when I submitted... But I live in a house with a fully fenced in yard. If someone stole it then they were really really sneaky because I watched for the mail that day because I knew my package was supposed to be here. I've looked around the porch and in the garage and everywhere I can think of. it's not here :(
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 8:56 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• Whoever told you it might not have been delivered even though it was scanned was just lazy. They have to scan it to have it come up. Did you check your neighbors to see if it was delivered there? The PO will look for it and they usually find it but since it was said to be delivered if they don't find it there isn't much they can do. If they don't find it within the time she said you need to talk to the person you bought it from. Everything stems from the fact that is states it was delivered. They probaly won't want to give you your money back. You can file against them and let Ebay or Paypal do their thing but I can't gaurantee you will get your money back.
    Good Luck
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:02 PM on Jun. 9, 2010