My cousin passed away lastnight...

The last time I went to a relatives funeral (my great uncle) I was told by their daughter (my 2nd cousin) thanks for coming... What do you say to that??? They were my family too.
I will be going to my 1st cousins funeral friday and I want to know what to say to that? I feel the need to be there I want to say goodbye to my cousin and be there for the family, What do I say when someone says Thank you for coming??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:34 PM on Jun. 9, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• don't say a word. Just smile, nod your head and leave. They probably don't know what to say either and are thankful you are there.
    WonderWoman1979

Answer by WonderWoman1979 at 8:35 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• sorry for your loss
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 8:34 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• Say your welcome. Then say there is no way I wouldn't be here, I loved her so much. I remember when we used to play hide and go seek. Or something that made this person special to you.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 8:35 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• my cousin thanked me for coming to her dads (my uncle) funeral too. i thought it was kinda weird but i knew she was upset. I think she just meant thanks for coming to be there for her because it was her dad and she really needed the families support.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:42 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• I honestly don't understand what is weird about it. I was thankful to everyone who came to my grandfathers funeral and supported our family. I would say your welcome. I am sorry for your loss and will say a prayer for your family
    Anonymous

• But this isn't a friend... I AM family, I dont think a thank you to me is neccessary. I am there to grieve right along with them. If your sister were to pass away would you tell your brother thank you for being there? Thats why I am sooo confused as what to say...
    Anonymous

• say, "your welcome, I was close to uncle so and so"
    Anonymous

• I just lost my grandpa the other day. Death is such a curse! I will keep you in my prayers. Blessings..
    Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 10:33 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• I feel the need to be there I want to say goodbye to my cousin and be there for the family

This part sounds good. Try it.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 10:34 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• I can tell you from the other side it's hard to find something to say to people. Thank you for coming says it all. You appreciate that people even family remember and takes time out of their busy lives to stop and say goodbye and offer a shoulder or just a hand squeeze to those closest to the one who has passed.
    oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 8:09 AM on Jun. 10, 2010