Mineral makeup, or not?

Please give me tips on how to use it. I need a very light foundation that will even out my skin tone and cover up the Rosacea blotches. If you think the bare mineral will not work, what type of foundation would you use? A tinted one with a SPF in it?

Joeygoat

Asked by Joeygoat at 8:38 PM on Jun. 9, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I've been using bare minerals for 5 years, I love it. It covers up red spots well. I've actually started using the Bare Escentuals RareMineral Skin Revival Night Treatment as my actual foundation, as it has just a tint of color in it and is supposed to actually help clear up rosacea and shrink poors. I tend to use a little more than needed for some extra coverage, so It's kind of expensive, but if you're only using it for light coverage, it should last you a long time.
    GavinsMommii

Answer by GavinsMommii at 9:05 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• i use bare minerals & the concealer brush is great for covering any additional red spots that weren't completely covered by the 1st application.

Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 8:45 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• i use bare minerals and i have just started i love it...i use the lil orange brush and tap on powder to cover any lil blemishes and it lasts all day and btw bare minerals is spf 15 good luck
    Anonymous

• My daughter uses bare minerals. She loves it and it covers up red blotchy marks on her face and nose. I personally could not use it as it dried me out way too much.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 8:54 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• I would use a tinted moisturizer with an SPF,,, I love Mirabella Mineral foundation,, they come in powders, liquids and creams so you can find the right coverage for you! It is only sold in salons,,so check out their website for something near you,, Honestly, I have sold make-up for 17 years and this is the best I have found,, I have very sensitve skin that is prone to blotchiness, for my tinted moisturizer I use Loreal that I buy in the drugstore,, EEK,, being a hairstylist and salesperson this is a no no,, LOL,, but I used to use Lancome and found the loreal works really well and the ingredient list is the same,, shocker they are owned by the same company,, at night I wear Absolute Moisture by Bioelements.. Mineral based foundations are far superior for your skin,,,,I hardly break out since using them,, I switched from Bare to Mirabella about 5 months ago,, Good luck!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:08 PM on Jun. 9, 2010