Is your family and your in-laws' family totally different?

How? In what ways? Mine are as different as night and day.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:06 PM on Jun. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• not really,just different levels of nuts!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:08 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• Ours are Vegetarians, and belong to an ashram (sp??)... We eat meat, and don't go to church... It's funny but we all get along just fine. It would be a boring world if we all liked/believed in the same things.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:11 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• mine is so layed back and fun, his are uptight. mine are really proud and dont like asking for help, his fam will come running if they want anything. my family is kinda backwoods, his are from a big city.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 9:11 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• i second butterflyblue19! both of them (in-laws an my "family") are nutts! i dont understand them at all what they do or say... so we all in all stay away. haha
    akalei

Answer by akalei at 9:13 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• complete oposites. My fiance's family is always there for us, are funny and kind people. My family is psycho and drama and could give a shit less about anyone but themselves. My family is almost completely univolved in my and our lives...even my son's..probably for the best. My in laws treat my son as their own grandchild but my mom only see's him once a year and that is if I bring him to her. She doesn't even come to his birthday party when I live 15 minutes away but she'll drive 30 minutes every saturday to F**k her asshole boyfriend. Lol, I'm gonna shut up now because I got myself started....:)
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 9:14 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• They are the same in that they are amazing, loving, and crazy. Each one, my dad, my mom, his dad, his mom, and our siblings are all crazy in their own way, but a good shake your head and laugh crazy. Different in monetary wealth. His family has money, my family has very little. Everyone gets along great though. I'm lucky!

I've dated one guy who's parents were just like mine and one guy whose parents were the exact opposite. I've found the perfect balance with my husband.
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 9:25 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• Our families are really different. His family is poor, low education, Catholic, very close, but good at manipulating. My family is fine with only seeing each other once a year, middle class, pagan, free spirited. Our families DO NOT mesh well at birthday parties and such.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 9:45 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• yeah his family is very religious. no drinking, preaching the bibble all that stuff. my family is crazy party type.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 9:49 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• My family is very loud, there are lots of us, we get together quite a bit and feel family is very important. I don't believe his family feels the same way at all (he would tell you differently). My family is Catholic and his mother was raised Southern Baptist and is now Pentecostal. My family is very accepting and out going, while his can be a bit uptight and judgemental. My family always made sure to make the kids feel like they came first and his family was much the opposite. Both sides have their drama and problems and both sides are disfunctional in their own way.
    ArmyWifeMomof3

Answer by ArmyWifeMomof3 at 9:53 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• Completely. To give you an idea... my family is very smart (college grads), religious, wealthy, and stuck up. I have gotten lectured over saying 'that sucks' in front of my 10 year old cousin. I also constantly get told off about what is on my facebook - pictures, info, updates, and even my friends comments have to be appropriate for my young cousins who aren't even old enough to have one. And sometimes they consider very innocent stuff inappropriate. I am now the black sheep of the family because I had a baby at 20 out of wedlock. Whatever. Here's my DF's family - convicted felons who have been to prison, every girl (mom aunts cousins) had their first baby in their teens, most by 16, except his sister but she's still a teen. Hopefully she breaks the trend. Most of his family didn't graduate high school and none have graduated college. They talk a lot of shit and cuss a lot. Our wedding is going to be very interesting. ;)
    thisloveofmine

Answer by thisloveofmine at 11:20 PM on Jun. 9, 2010