Baby shower food ideas

My baby shower is at 2pm..what would you suggest besides cake to have for food?? My sister doesn't know what to do..just go with cake, mints, punch and nuts or more??

Ambie0526

Asked by Ambie0526 at 9:11 PM on Jun. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Finger sandwiches are always good and light. Here is an easy and delicious recipe that they made at my baby shower. Yumm!! The "sauce" on the sandwiches makes all the difference

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/easy-ham-and-cheese-appetizer-sandwiches/detail.aspx
    Comfycozy77

Answer by Comfycozy77 at 9:41 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• Finger foods like little sandwiches or something. I had mine at a restaurant so there was a meal.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 9:12 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• Usually there is some sort of finger foods. Doesn't have to be enough to fill them up, since it is at 2pm and they probably ate some sort of lunch before going, just something to tide over until dinner I guess. Most baby showers I have been do, including my own, had sandwiches, a veggie tray/Fruit tray, maybe a pasta salad and some chips and dip or something.
    GavinsMommii

Answer by GavinsMommii at 9:22 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• I did not serve any sort of "meal" at my daughter's baby shower....I scheduled it between meal times just for that purpose.
    Besides the cake, I had pillow mints, M&M's in both peanut and plain, and mixed nuts in pretty bowls placed around the rooms for easy grabbing. In the kitchen for any hungrier people, I had a tray of pepperoni, cheeses, and crackers. I served water, iced tea, soda, and hot tea and coffee. It was more than enough for everyone who had come to the shower after having eaten lunch first.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:47 AM on Jun. 10, 2010