Do you have OCD? What is your biggest pet peeve?

SWEETPEAS3MOM

Asked by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 9:19 PM on Jun. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• no,not really,but I hate smelly,dirty people. Its my peeve!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:21 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• I do and I find the oddest things annoying. For example - the blanket that hangs on the back of the couch must be perfectly straight. Or...every time I walk into a store I have to stop and re-tie my tennis shoes, regardless if they need it or not. The worst though is probably the covers/sheets on the bed. If they are messy and not perfectly smooth I can't sleep on them. If a sheet comes undone, etc. I have been known to wake my dh up at 2am to fix the covers.
    Anonymous

• how many of you are clinically diagnoses with obsessive compulsive disorder? there is a difference between being anal and being OCD.
    Anonymous

• I agree w anon 10:31. ocd is defiantly different than being anal my mother had ocd(she passed away) and growing up was awful and i was diagnosed with ocd a cpl years ago its awful, the anxiety you feel with having this disease is horrible. it was to the point where my husband didn't feel comfortable in his own home BC of me so yes there is def a HUGE difference between the 2.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:40 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• anyone who does not keep a clean and sanitary home!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 10:25 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• I totally cannot sleep with a messy bed either! I will also wake my hubby! LOL
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 10:26 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• On some things, but not everything.
    I believe everything has its own place and should not only be put back as soon as it is finished being used, but put back in exactly the same position it was in before being used. The items in my kitchen cabinets are arranged in a specific manner that utilizes the small space to its max and it drives me nuts when clean dishes are not put away in the exact manner I have for them.
    When windows are open, they are to be open to specific heights and the blinds are to be drawn up to specific heights.
    When vacuuming, every inch of the room must be vacuumed, including the edges and corners of the floors, walls, and ceilings. One must never enter a room as they vacuum, they must back out of the room as they vacuum so there are no footprints.
    There are a ton of other things that I won't get into. I have to go and organize something now.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:36 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• I was never diagnosed with OCD, but I do have anxiety issues that I am on meds for, so I am probably just anal about certain things. I know I have heightened sensitizations about things such has certain fabrics, lines in socks, the satin on the edge of blankets, etc. I have to touch things and rub them between my fingers to see if they "feel right" to me. I can't have lines inside of my socks at the toes because they drive me crazy so I have to turn them inside out if I wear them at all. Things like that.
    I am also anal about the bed, too. I make it in the mornings, but at night, I have to sort of remake it before I get into it. The bottom sheet has to be taut, the top sheet and blanket have to be even, the pillows have to be smartly shaken to the front and corner of the pillow case with the seamside folded under, the openings of the pillowcases have to be facing the outside of the bed....and on and on and on.....
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:43 AM on Jun. 10, 2010