Do you prefer an in home babysitter,a nanny or a child care center for your children and why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:20 PM on Jun. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My kids all went to an in-home daycare from infancy until they were 3 years old. At 3 years, I moved them to a daycare center/preschool. I liked the in-home setting for the babies since it was more home-like. I preferred a group setting (as opposed to a nanny in my home) because I wanted my kids would have friends and interact with other kids their age.

The most important thing is that you find a care provider that you trust 100% with the care of your kids. I was very lucky to find an in-home provider who had previously been a daycare licensing inspector for the state -- she is just awesome and she is like family.

Good luck with whatever you choose to do!
    RoostersMom4

Answer by RoostersMom4 at 12:01 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Center. My DD has been in one since she was just 10 wks. old. It has been great socialization for her. I would not like a nanny situation b/c it's too much like a stranger playing mommy for me. At a daycare they are with different people and friends and yes, she can recognize her 'friends' from daycare out of a crowd and could do so even when she was very young (I know this b/c we went to a party for one of them and out of 30 kids, the kids in class all found each other and crawled to each other to play. They are like a little gang). She is going there just PT now and I love it. She learns things all the time and they have great activities there.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 9:23 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• When we need it, we go to a drop in center. We only ever need it for a couple hours, maybe twice a month, so it's definitely not worth it to have a nanny and I'd hate to have a regular baby sitter on call for just a couple hours. My husband is a SAHD so we don't need child care too often.
    Anonymous

• Only a person I know well and my children are comfy with! I refuse to send them to any child care fac. It is just lazy! Why should someone else raise my child? Plus, how can you trust a stranger?
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 10:24 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• I never needed a sitter unless I was having a baby. My friend watched my oldest daughter both times and my FIL watched our middle child our last time. My two youngest qualified for Head Start when they were of age and I had all 3 of them in the YMCA Before & After School program and then the All Day Summer camp program while I worked. They had some fun times back then!
    Otherwise, we have never used a sitter or daycare.
    My oldest daughter worked as a babysitter through her summers when she was a teen after she took a babysitting course and a CPR & First Aid certification course. She loves children! She just took a job as a daytime Nanny for a family with 2 little boys and she gets to bring her daughter who is 16 months old so she doesn't need to pay for childcare. An awesome situation for her, I think!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:31 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• JoLee12345 - it is not lazy to have your kids go to a daycare. I am a single mom and have to work to pay the bills, so therefore my kids go to daycare while I am at work. Somone else isn't raising my kids, they are just being taken care of while I work. My ex husband hasn't sent me a cent of child support and so I have to make it on my own.

To the orginal question, I have my kids at a daycare center and I love it. It is hard to take them when they are little babies, but both of my girls have thrived at daycare. They like the routine, the socialization and my daycare has a preschool vibe once they are old enough, so they are learning too. I wouldn't do it any other way.
    jillybean703

Answer by jillybean703 at 10:43 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Home Daycare - My DD has been with her Home DCP for 2.5 years. There is a small ratio of children, and no turnover with teachers. It's been the same woman, who has become a family friend. She is licensed and follows a nice curriculum too. I used to work in a center, so I have nothing huge against them. I just feel the home environment is better for my child. It is also affordable. As for a nanny, I never liked the idea of someone being in my home l day.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 11:31 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• all day***** not l day
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 11:32 AM on Jun. 10, 2010