I am 16 years old and just found out that I am almost 5 weeks pregnant. I have been hiding my morning sickness from my parents. My parents are pretty strict and I dont know how to tell them that Im pregnant, help?

LisaIsExpecting

Asked by LisaIsExpecting at 9:22 PM on Jun. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I'm sorry that's a very difficult situation.

Don't overwhelm yourself with how they might take the news. No matter what they WILL find out. So it's best that you do it sooner than later. It'll probably take a load of stress off your shoulders knowing that the secret is out. You need the prenatal vitamins, they sell them over the counter.

You can go to your local planned parent hood and they may be able to help you find the right way to tell your parents you're pregnant.

It's always easier said than done. : ) So good luck on the pregnancy congratulations and I remember if your parents don't take it well at first.... to cut them slack you're 16 years old. : ) It's like their having a baby too. So let them cool off and then group up again to talk. <3

Good luck
    Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 9:29 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• Get rid of it. You're going to ruin your life! Trust me, I am 30, married, finished college and just had a baby and it is the hardest thing I have ever done in my life. You are not prepared.
    Anonymous

• I was 16 when I got pregnant to and I was terrified... I didn't tell my mom figured it out on her own when I was 15 wks, she found my prenatal vitamins and pregnancy test......
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 9:26 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• They are going to be upset and disappointed at first. There is no way around that. But ultimately they love you and what you to be healthy and well. It is not a good idea to keep it from you. They are your best advocates for a healthy pregnancy and whatever choices lie ahead. i was not as young as you when I got pregnant but I was 18 and still in high school. It will be very hard to do but you got yourself into this and you now need to be strong and tell them. <>
    SoniaL

Answer by SoniaL at 9:26 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• please consider adoption. It will be difficult for some time, but you will give another couple the best gift you could ever give another human being. Sit your parents down, be honest and straight to the point. Show them that you are willing to act like an adult.
    musichollie

Answer by musichollie at 9:26 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• Anon24: "Get rid of it. You're going to ruin your life! Trust me, I am 30, married, finished college and just had a baby and it is the hardest thing I have ever done in my life. You are not prepared"

I think adoption is a better choice.
    SoniaL

Answer by SoniaL at 9:28 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• OMG I cannot believe the first answer!!!!! Rigid female!!!
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 9:28 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• Whu is it everyone is jumping to abortion and adoption? She never said she wasn't keeping the baby! Just b/c you're 16 doesn't mean you are incapable of being a mother!
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 9:30 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• Tell your parents asap and get the hardest part over with. (the hardest part of the pregnancy anyway). They need the whole pregnancy to help you with options and prepare themselves. If you wait until you start showing or until they find out, it will be worse.

Try finding a pregnancy help center in your town. Counselors are there to help you with ways to tell your parents, as well as options, classes and baby stuff if you choose to keep him/her.
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 9:32 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• Just tell them-- be prepared for initial disappointment and screaming and whatever else then once reality sets in (in like3 or 4 days) ask them for their support-- and please do not have an abortion-- if you want to keep the baby there are PLENTY of resources to help you -- if you dont want it you can go the adoption rout OR keep in mind many States have a safe haven law-- you can just bring your baby to a hospital or church find a person who works their and give them the baby -- you are under NO obligation in a "safe" state to give them any information you can just walk away keep in mind abortion is permanent you can NEVER change your mind-- in every other scenario their is always a little chance of changing your mind GOOD LUCK and God Bless you both
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 9:37 PM on Jun. 9, 2010