Would you call me insane if I planned a campout in our backyard for my sons entire baseball team?

There are 14 boys total.
I came up with this idea and now I wish I kept my mouth closed,lol. Watching these boys in the dugout has me a little worried! They are c-r-a-z-y 10 year olds! LOL
If I do go ahead with it, should I invite the parents along..you know...just so I have some back up?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:24 PM on Jun. 9, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• LOL - I've done stuff like this, and honestly, yes, you are crazy - but at the same time, your kids and their friends are going to love it, you'll probably have fun, too (even when you're exhausted by the end of it) and you all are going to have great memories!

I wouldn't invite every parent to stay, because then, honestly, it will most likely turn into the kids in one spot, the parents in another, and you playing hostess to all of them. Instead, I would invite one or two other moms to stay and help. (btw - just last weekend, I helped a friend with a Sweet 16 sleepover - our dd's and a bunch of other girls up in this cabin for the night :-) - it was a good time!)

Have fun! Oh - and lol - if you're going to make smores - I suggest making "smores kits" in a ziploc bag - one for each kid - it's easier to hand out, and you can "portion control" so one kid doesn't eat so many they're puking in the tent... ;-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 9:57 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Yes!!! LOL! Good luck!

Definitly invite some parents to help and have a beer with you (or whatever you do to relax) after the kids are asleep. I hope you have a fenced in backyard!
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 9:27 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• I think it's a great idea!! When I was 8 my Mom had a slumber party for me and invited 14 girls. She videotaped the entire thing and to this day it's one of my most fondest memories. I have watched that video countless times.

I don't know that I would invite all the parents, but I was absolutely ask for volunteers to help.
    Comfycozy77

Answer by Comfycozy77 at 9:28 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• Not yet but ya will be! lol
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 9:32 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• I like the idea.. of course I would get a couple of the other moms to help me out.
    ArmyWifeMomof3

Answer by ArmyWifeMomof3 at 9:46 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• Yeah, you're insane. I've done campouts for my son's birthday with 3 - 4 friends and that was crazy enough, I can't imagine 14 boys! Absolutely invite over some parents to help, that's a lot of kids to feed, keep track of, try to get settled to sleep. Actually kiss the sleep goodbye. I've stayed up till past 2 with my son's sleepovers (I don't even know why the word sleep is part of it!) and the kids are still going strong.

But your son will love it and will look back on it as a great memory of what a cool mom you are. Have fun!
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 10:09 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• I think it's a great idea, and you are very brave! Yes, it would probably be a good idea to have several sets of parents, including some dads.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 10:41 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• definitely ask if any parents want to volunteer. and yes you are crazy brave to have a campout with so many boys. but your son will always have that memory of how fun you were so it's way worth it. But no beers. I wouldn't want my son going somewhere overnight where there are adults drinking.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:14 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• I think it makes you one really COOL Mom!

And....maybe a little insane. lol
    Mama2JoshKatie

Answer by Mama2JoshKatie at 9:43 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• good luck

Answer by admckenzie at 9:56 AM on Jun. 10, 2010