Spinoff of the "opening stuff and eating it in the store" post

For you that do,would you/do you open up other things and use it before you buy it? Perfume,deodorant,powder,makeup,toys,clothes,etc? Would this be ok too? If my kid wanted to play with a boxed toy,would it be ok for me to open it? What if I opened a bottle of Tylenol and used it in the store,is that ok? Is there a limit to what is ok to use before buying?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:30 PM on Jun. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I do believe there is a limit, if all those things above absolutely are needed ASAP, grab it and take it to the register-pay for it and pocket the receipt as proof.
    Anonymous

• The only time I ever opened and "used" anything was when my mother's sugar would go low (she is a diabetic) and she needed some candy or a soda. But we kept the wrapper and everything and paid for it.
    Anonymous

• my mom use to open things before buying them. it has always driven me crazy. she would open pretty much anything.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 9:39 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• no i dont usually sometimes i may open a drink at the register. I do use stuff and take it back to walmart though if i don't like it.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:39 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• I think as long as you pay for it there is no problem
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 9:39 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• I always get a drink in the grocery store and drink it while I shop then pay for it on my way out. It is the only thing that I open!
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 9:40 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• why does it matter?? i probably wouldn't, but it's none of my business if someone else does... as long as it is paid for, who cares? i went to the store yesterday and opened 3 bottles of water as soon as we got into the store *gasp*... it was over 90 degrees out and we had been running around all day. i have a 2 year old, a 4 year old, and i am 8 months pregnant... hydration is more important to me than what others think about me... as well as less grumpy kids. lol.
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 9:43 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• Well for ME, I only open a drink while standing line, if I'm dying of thirst. I've never walked around a store sipping a drink. But what other people do is not my concern. To be honest, if someone opened a toy or a deodorant while shopping, I wouldn't notice, because I'm not at the store to gawk at people...I'm there to shop and go home! It's not up to me to enforce values and standards on other people.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 11:21 PM on Jun. 9, 2010