My niece has ADHD, how can I help?

This morning I found out that my niece 15 yrs old punched her stepdad in the face after a confrontation. She has anger issues. Is this normal for ADHD?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:50 PM on Jun. 9, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• sounds like she has more issues than ADHD... ODD maybe?
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 10:05 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• Yes, it is normal. A good start is to look into how diet effects behavior. there have been great strides in changing the food and even personal care products of those with ADHD and seeing improved behavior. Look into the Feingold Plan. It outlines what things need to be removed, such as artificial colors, BHT & BHA.
    SoniaL

Answer by SoniaL at 10:06 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• First of all ADHD does not cause violent outbursts. Either she has other issues or is just a brat. And second of all you are her Aunt, her healthcare is NONE of your business.
    Anonymous

• ADHD does NOT cause violent outbursts. ODD does, but not ADHD.

But because you are her aunt and not the mother, you can give friendly advice, but beyond that, it isn't your business.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• ADHD is NOT an excuse for her behavior. She sounds like an out of control brat.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:07 AM on Jun. 11, 2010