Vaccination Schedule Please Help

Hi Ladies,
What kind of vaccine schedule does your doctor do? Mine does about 6 vaccines every 2 months. My son had 6 vaccines at 2 months and friday is his 4 month visit and I think he will be getting 6 more vaccines. I am concerned about this because I have read and seen on TV that it can cause Autism. What do you think about this issue?? Please help... first time mommy and I really don't know what to think about this issue.

mercilove

Asked by mercilove at 9:54 PM on Jun. 9, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You are going to get people on here who tell you there is no link to autism and those who say there is. All links to autism aside that is a LOT of vaccines at one time. MY pedi only gives 2 shots per visit. She thinks that normal schedule docs follow is way too much on a baby's system. She follows the Dr. Sear schedule. We however stopped all vaccines for all of our kids after our DD had a reaction to her 2 month shots. If you want to continue getting vaccines you are 100% allowed to tell them how many you want at a time. You can tell them only 1 every 6 months if you want.
    But just do some research so you can make an informed decision for yourself regardless of the zillions of arguing opinions you get on here. You can always get them later but you can not undo them. Good luck momma! :)
    SoniaL

Answer by SoniaL at 10:01 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• Do some research before allowing him to inject anything else into your child. You CANNOT remove the vaccines if you research and decide you don't want them, but you can get them later if you research and decide you do want them. http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1444732/To_Vaccinate_or_Not_to_Vaccinate

This is a good journal post to get you started on your researching. Good luck in your decision.
    Anonymous

• that sounds about right. dont worry. you dont want you baby coming down with something life threating that you could have prevented! they usually combine meds in shots so he might be getting 6 dose's but only 2 or 3 actuall shots. if they were really that bad, then you would see something wrong with everyother kid around. relax, but do what feels right to you!
    rileymommy

Answer by rileymommy at 10:44 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• I would research the different vaccinations. You do not have to get them all in one day. You can space them out. I do selective vaccinations on a delayed schedule. We researched and that is what my husband and I felt comfortable with. I dont blame you though six shots is a lot it seems. That is up to you and what you feel comfortable with. I personally was really uncomfortable with my daughter getting any shots and talked to the PED and researched and made the decision that we were comfortable with. If something makes you uncomfortable, or gives you a weird vibe, theres a reason for it. Good luck and I wish you the best.
    Sillybillymel

Answer by Sillybillymel at 11:27 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• I don't do that many. I am not concerned with autism, but with the assault on th body and possible reactions with so mny. We do a delayed schedule. We skipped the 2 months series, no newborn hepb. Got the dtap at 6 months. havent had another yet but the next decision will be 9 months. some shot make sense others have no business being in a series or scedule for children.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:00 AM on Jun. 10, 2010