Bikini Season

I always dread this season!!!!! Every year at this time me DH and our son now 15, goes to our beach house, also every year the bikinis seem to get skimpier and skimpier. Now dont get me wrong I LOVE BEING SEXY! But I feel like my son is getting to the age where he might be embarrassed if I am wearing something really skimpy. I am very tiny and can get away with wearing most things, and every year DH and I go together and pick out my bikinis. He always picks out something really skimpy which I feel very sexy and confident in and I love we he has that look onhis face like he needs to have me now!!! But I think my son is at the age were he wont appreciate it if I am walking around in something skimpy,skimpy! How do you moms find the happy medium between wanting to feel sexy and look sexy for SO and not make your teen uncomfortable?

Cshaw73

Asked by Cshaw73 at 9:55 PM on Jun. 9, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• i've dreaded it and wearing anything too exposing for such a long time. I feel like other mothers look at me wrong. I am very busty and i am always having to battle if something is too sexy or too grandma looking. It seems there is really no in between
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:06 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• When it's just you and DH on the beach wear the teeny bikini. When it's the three of you then wear something more "Mom appropriate". You can still give DH that show with the teeny bikini without your son seeing you flash it off.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:17 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• Oh for crying out loud, dress like a mom and tell your hubby to act like a dad!!! There is a time for sexy and there is a time for modesty! There are very nice suits that show off your shape with out being in your face. Have a little empathy for your son- what kind of message are you giving him? He already has to contend with girls his age flashing their bodies at him does he need to have his mom flashing him also?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Get a more modest bathing suit for when you are with your son, and wear your bikinis when it's just you and your husband. I used to wear very skimpy bikinis, and still do when it's just me and my husband - but my husband also finds me sexy when I'm chasing the kids on the beach in one of my tankinis

Answer by missanc at 7:59 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• I say if at the beach with son just wear a t over the bikini. Our tell your son to get over it because you have the body to flaunt it. I know my kids probably wouldnt care if I had the body to flaunt and wore what I felt comfortable in.
    momto3infl

Answer by momto3infl at 9:21 AM on Jun. 13, 2010