38 weeks not feeling baby move as much today, and horriable pelvic pressure!

could thia be baby moving down? monday i was 2 cm and 90 % effaced! is there anything i can do to help deal with pelvic pressure?

amylynn4919

Asked by amylynn4919 at 10:03 PM on Jun. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• probably so..you are not feeling movement though because there is no room to move. Maybe try the kegel excersizes to help thats the only thing i could think of
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:10 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• The baby does slow its movement as it moves deeper into the birthing canal.
    You can soak in a warm bath. Lay on your left side with a pillow between your knees.
    There's not much to actual relieve the pressure itself, but those two things may help take your mind off of it.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:10 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• They can't move as much as the descend into the birth canal and the pelvic pressure just gets worse. Nothing really helps with the pelvic pressure, but sitting down and putting your feet up helps a little and soaking in a nice bath may help relax you a little. 2 cm and 90% effaced mean very little. The doc told me I was 3 cm and 80% effaced at 36 weeks and I would have the baby by 37 weeks. Yeah that didn't happen and I didn't move from 3 cm and 80% effaced until I went into the hospital at 38w4d and came home with a baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:55 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Make sure you do kick counts too. Check for an hour and you should feel him/her move 6-8 times in an hour. If the first hour you don't feel it drink some juice and try again. If after 2 hours you aren't feeling it then call your doctor. good luck.
    carmadsmom

Answer by carmadsmom at 9:58 AM on Jun. 10, 2010