when do most babies sleep through the night? i have a one month old and am dying from lack of sleep.

2boysmommi

Asked by 2boysmommi at 10:20 PM on Jun. 9, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It varies from baby to baby. They do it when they are ready. Some at 6 weeks some not until they are past 1. There is nothing you can really do to make them. It is just part of motherhood.
    SoniaL

Answer by SoniaL at 10:22 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• Normally not until 4-5 months. and even then it will not be every night. Just lay down everytime the baby does, don't worry about the cleaning...see if someone can come pitch in for the first few months.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:22 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• my dd started about 6 weeks. hang in there, and dont be afraid to ask someone to help. even if you just ask them so you can take a nap and a shower.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 10:24 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• When they feel like it.
    My first two started at around 5 1/2-6 months.
    My third was 5 weeks old and my youngest slept through the night for the first time the day she turned 3 months old.
    Sleep deprivation is part of the first year, you just try and get sleep when and where you can.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:24 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• My son was about 14 months, I believe. My daughter at almost 3 months, bless her heart.
    ManicMomma02

Answer by ManicMomma02 at 10:27 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• jennifer588. how many hours was your 6 week old sleeping?
    2boysmommi

Answer by 2boysmommi at 10:29 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• Sleep when the baby sleeps! Even if it's at 1 p.m. All babies are different. Hard to say.
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 10:30 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• I was lucky and my daughter started sleeping through the night at 4 months old. My mom said that I didn't sleep through the night until I was 18 months old.

You have to adjust your sleep schedule to baby's. That means napping during the day to keep your energy up.
    Anonymous

• Soon you'll get there. Hang in there.

Also you can try letting him/her cry for 5 min. before going in there. If they keep crying go in and feed them etc. 1 month is still pretty young. 2-3-4 months has been the norm at my house of 2 kids.
    Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 10:37 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• My son was 3 months old.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:38 PM on Jun. 9, 2010