I am 25, recently single, a proud mommy of a handsome boy and just found out I am pregnant.

To help you all understand better.. I had a misacarriage April 20th of this year and my son's father just wasn't emotionally there for me.. Well after the 3 weeks had past after the miscarriage we were intimate and just recently he left me. I found out last week that I am pregnant. I went to my doctor and he confirmed it. I told my son's father the news and he acts as if he could care less. I am so lost and confused and yet I find myself happy too considering I just lost a baby a month ago. I don't believe in Abortion and Adoption is not an option either. I am a firm believer in things happening for a reason and if you made your bed you better sleep in it, I am just looking for some advice, support.. I am trying to repair my relationship with my ex because this pregnancy has really opened my eyes and put things in perspective for me... I am going through a hard time with my toddler who is turning 3... SO STRESSED!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:31 PM on Jun. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Since he could not care less, or at least is acting that way, is there someone else you can kind of reach out to and connect with, a parent or aunt/ uncle/ church family?
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 10:32 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• Well, at least you know how he will be...I would make sure to get the proceedings going for child support...he may not want anything to do with a baby but he is responsible to help with the financial aspect of it. As for the rest, I agree with txdaniella...see if your family can help you out. There are also a lot of single moms on this site that can offer advise and support...
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:36 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• I wish you all the best mamma. And I agree with txdaniella, until you can get your bearings, you need someone else you can lean on. If your ex wants nothing to do with this, I'm happy that you can enjoy the fact that another beautiful being is coming into your life. and trust me, with your child turning 3, you're going to love having the two of them together.
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 10:36 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• I can't give much advice but I wish you the best of luck! I am currently pregnant with number 2 (due next month) and number one is 14 months. I am only 19 and am still going to college full time. I graduated high school with honor roll and a 2 month old daughter.

I also believe everything happens for a reason and that you can overcome any challenge if you try hard enough. I know it will be hard but if you want things to work they will. Just have faith and always put your babies first =)
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 10:38 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• Giving you all the virtual support possible! You will get through it!!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 10:39 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• God bless you and give you the strenght to take on all your challenges.
    There is a saying in my church that says...[God will never give you a cross you cannot carry.] Carry your cross w/ pride and dignity he knows what he wants for you and att the end of the tunnel you will see light, Just dont do anything you might regret it later... Take care and GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR LIL ONES!!! if you wanna talk Im always here to listen
    vania_jmz

Answer by vania_jmz at 10:51 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• As a mom who has been through loss I totally understand. Congrats and a healthy, happy nine months to you and the new little one about to grace your life with the happiness only a child can bring.

As for dad...*shrug*...don't put yourself out trying to make things right with him. He knows 'the score' and if it really, truly matters to him he'll be there. If not you'll be the incredible mom you are, are your kids will love you that much more for it. I was raised by a single mom and to this day(I'll be 42 in a few months) she's my HERO! No doubt you'll be the same to yours.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 11:07 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• that should be an 'and' not an extra 'are'.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 11:08 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• Thanks everyone this really lifted my spirits reading all your kind words of inspiration. I do have a pretty good support system from my best friend and mom and dad, but it's nice to receive advice from an "out-looker". It's nice to see others in my same situation and hearing how you've made it work and not let the small things bother you. MUCH LOVE! -Clo
    clo85

Answer by clo85 at 1:26 PM on Jun. 10, 2010