Seems like when college kids live on campus...

All they do is party it up?? Watching the news about a new college drinking game called "Get Iced". I think I'd rather have my daughter stay home and I'll get her an office. lol How about you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:50 PM on Jun. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• When I lived on campus, I knew more people who didn't party it up on campus than people who did. It really depends on the person.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 10:56 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• I live in a college town. I see WAY too much of the partying crap.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:02 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• It depends more on the maturity level of the people than where they live. I'm something of a non-typical student (I'm 25 going back to school after a stint in the military and then a few more years of just working), and it gets annoying to hear the kids that you know are just out of high school and all they talk about is how they're sooooooo hungover or how they missed a class because they drank too much or how they can't wait to go drinking again.
    Anonymous

• So far I have had two attend college away from home.I doubt they wore their halos all the time but my 25 year old graduated with high honors and my daughter just finished her freshman year on the deans list.It is individualized  and I think the experience of being almost independent before becoming totally independent is wonderful.Both my husband and I and our siblings and parents all went away to college so far so good .

drfink

Answer by drfink at 11:10 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• Off campus parties are way more insane than on campus. Universities have very serious rules about drinking in the dorms. I always lived in single sex housing which was more strict with guests.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:44 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• I lived on campus, but went to a Baptist college, so any partying like that would have gotten me expelled. No thanks.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:54 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• My daughter went goes to a faith based college and they do not tolerate drinking..they don't even tolerate dancing! It is very strict which is good and why I pay what I do...it isn't cheap to send your kid to a faith based school
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 11:59 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• I lived on campus. I had fun and still managed to make the Dean's list almost every semester.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:32 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• I think college is a good life experience! It will teach them responsibility! Why baby them? Do you really distrust her that nuch?
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 9:42 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Jolee12345 really get a grip. You went totally elsewhere w that answer

OP
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:48 AM on Jun. 10, 2010