Eating fiber and the consequences...

Gas...I love the fiber one bars and cereal but it always gives me gas! I can cut that by taking beano before hand but does the body ever regulate out so it doesn't give gas? If so, how long if you eat these on a regular basis?

Asked by Jademom07 at 10:51 PM on Jun. 9, 2010 in Health

• lol! I love those too! it took me a few weeks until I was no longer farting up a storm! if you miss eating them,you'll start all over again with the gas though.

• Oh great. I have to start increasing my fiber so I bought those. Nice to find out what I have to look forward to! lol

• Why not just clean up your diet, and stop eating junk (including those toxic bars)?

Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, in at least 3 different colors.
    Eat 5-6 servings of whole grains a day.
    Eat at least two servings of legumes a day.
    Cut way back on meat and dairy

Send me a message offlist if you would like some great recipes!

Answer by rkoloms at 6:34 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Add a probiotic like Align or Sustenex to your diet. It will help break down the fiber and balance the bateria in your intestines thus eliminating the gas.

Answer by motherofhope98 at 8:12 AM on Jun. 10, 2010