This is insane

My mother repeatedly told me while I was pregnant to get an abortion because me and my son's father were having issues before I even knew I was pregnant. She was trying to drill into my head to get one until i was almost 5 months along. Now my son is 10 months old. She has told me today she thinks me having this baby is a mistake, gee really hes 10 months old and he is your grandson. She says these things when we get into arguements but her real bias here is that I am a single mother. Lets go into more detail I have my own apartment a 2 bedroom which is pretty impressive for a single mother in nyc to afford nowadays with no child support or help, what else I have been a good and nurturing mother from day 1 I even extended my maternity leave until 6 months so three of them being unpaid. I had more than enough in savings to do this. Now I am back at work 4 days a week and I am doing perfectly fine. cont..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:24 PM on Jun. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• Your mom was obviously wrong. Good for you that you have taken this on but don't fail to get CS. Even if you don't need it put it in the bank for your child or invest in stock in Disneyworld! I hear you get a free ticket each year when you are a stockholder!

Answer by admckenzie at 11:26 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• Again lets get into her biases. She is married, never worked a day in her life has basically lived off my father forever and I do not mean this to insult stay at home moms but she treats my dad like shit yet he pays her bills and has no obligation to stay with her at this point all the kids are grown. SHe pretty much thinks that all single women should get abortions. She seems so pro abortion that it is pretty frightening im wondering why she had kids, oh yea she was married with a man to support her. She is now plahing the victim to all my other family members and friends. I have the emails and I am so ready to expose her because she plays victim and no one really ever knows what she says to me or how she treats me. I want this woman out of my life and out of my son's life for she thinks he should be dead.
    Anonymous

• my mom pretty much felt the same way. but she didnt say it. just tell her how you feel about it, and if he is such a mistake she doesnt have to have anything to do with him.
    Anonymous

• I want nothing to do with the father thats why i do not press for child support. I caught him drinking and driving with my son so i fear if i file for support that will equal visitation because he is a brat if i file for something he will press for weekends just to get even. It is better this way. That is another story in itself.
    Anonymous

• The thing is she was watching him while I work. This is a no more i rather pay for daycare i think between my bills and income I could get low cost. I want this woman to vanish.
    Anonymous

• Sounds like you really have things under control. You have your own place, you're taking care of your responsibilities. Your mom is obviously toxic to you and your family. Like somebody else said, if he was such a mistake, she doesn't have to be around him. I know how you feel. My mom is an alcoholic and she barely ever sees me and my girls (thankfully!) She also suggested I get an abortion when I got pregnant with my first.
    MarleighsMommy

Answer by MarleighsMommy at 12:00 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• May God bless you and your little angel. Your mother will one day regret what she has said to you. Just let what she says roll off your shoulders. You're doing a wonderful job by yourself, and perhaps in a way she is jealous of how independent and successful you've turned out. Just love her, forgive her, (forgiving her doesn't necessarily mean keeping her in the picture, it will just help you let go of the pain she's caused you with her words) and keep taking care of your son and yourself the way you have been doing.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 12:26 AM on Jun. 10, 2010