What does this mean? Anyone have this before? It's weird.

Okay so...I just ENDED my period on Sunday. It had been ending for a few days and finally completely ended that day. Well I had unprotected sex on Monday. Is it REALLY possible to get implantation bleeding already?! That day I was experiencing some mild cramps and later that day had the clear stretchy discharge. And was like like no way...ovulating this early?! Tonight though....I went to go wipe and I had a TON of that discharge and when I wiped I had like a glob of pink discharge. What the heck is going on? Is this implantation bleeding? The last of my period was brown so this doesn't look like old blood.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:38 PM on Jun. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Some women ovulate multiple times between periods. Some women ovulate at unusual times in the cycle. Unless you are charting, taking your temps, or using an ovulation kit, it is hard to say for certain if you are fertile.

The best thing to do is wait until the first day of your issued period and test.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:47 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• Could be blood from the sex and left over semen. you could have ovulated that early, but implantation doesn't take place this early. Implantation bleeding happens around 10ish days after ovulation, and if you ovulated Monday, you're only 2 DPO. It CAN happen as early as 6 days, but that's pretty unusual.

It could also be a little blood from ovulation itself, and you are just fertile and didn't ovulate Monday (but are about to, or just did).

Does that make sense?
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:49 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• Yeah that makes sense Ati_13...i didnt' know you could bleed during ovulation. This is weird! lol
    Anonymous

• STD
    Anonymous

• Ovulation is actually a somewhat violent process. A follicle (a cyst) containing an egg develops on the ovary and once you reach an estrogen threshold it bursts. The ovary can bleed a little from this. The egg is released into your abomen and your fallopian tube (using the fibriae-the finger-like appendages at the end of the tube) has to pick it up, so it sometimes gets some of the blood from the ovary with it. Then the blood (and the egg) make their way through your tube, uterus, cervix and eventually out.

And that's why some women have pain and bleeding with ovulation.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:58 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• Okay sooo....since I am most likely ovulating and I am bleeding...does this mean I have a bigger chance of being pregnant right now? Since that was Monday and it is now Wednesday?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Yes. You had sex in your fertile phase, so it's more likely. Not guaranteed, though.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:12 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• I say wait 2 weeks from the day of un protected sex and take a test...That will tell you :P
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 12:14 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Oh, and no, women don't ovulate over and over again during cycles. Sometimes you release more than one egg, but you do NOT ovulate more than once.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:20 AM on Jun. 10, 2010