son has thrush, any natural ways to cure it?

he has a rash on his bottom from it and the white patches on the inside of his mouth.... i am 100% posative of what it is... is there any natural remedies?

i tried to make a dr app and nothing is available until july 7th! ugh ....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Jun. 10, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would take him to a walk in or a diff clinic. Hes gonne need antifungal meds :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 12:16 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Take him to Urgent Care, thrush can be painful if left too long.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:37 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Go talk to the pharmacist and get some genetian violet. We did the doctors antifungals 3 times (different ones) and none worked and I finally asked what else we could do and he told me GV. Worked like a charm. You also have to look at changing diet temporarily and getting rid of sugar etc that the thrush live on.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 6:46 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• I agree with the gentian violet. You can get it at the pharmacy or a natural foods store. My lactation consultant told me to swab baby's mouth with it once a day for 7 days. You also have to treat your nipples (if you are bf'ing) even if you don't think you have it. It is very purple and very messy, but works great. We did two courses of Nystatin and it did nothing, the gv worked like a charm. Also make sure you sterilize or replace anything that goes in baby's mouth, like pacifiers, toys, etc. Good luck!
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 8:37 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• clean the mouth out with a wet towel after every feeding, and put an oral anti fungal in their mouth if you donnot have that a small amount of peppermint extract! Good luck!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 9:09 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• my nephew had it a few months ago. his ped said to apply juice of a freshly squeezed lemon in his mouth. Like squeeze a few drops onto a clean washcloth and wipe the inside of both cheeks with it. idk about buttocks though. my nephew only had it in his mouth. Go to the ER and tell them your ped won't see you until next month. That's too much pain for too long.
    Anonymous