Where can I report my husbands manager for stealing hours from him and his other employees?

For example last week my husband worked 48 hours and he only paid him 44 and he didn't even pay him over time he says he doesn't do that so he paid him his check of 267 since he gets paid once a week, 7.25 an hour and he paid him 29 dollars in ones seperated from the check, I think that is fraud, he should include everything on the check not 29 dollars in ones in another envelope, what should I do, my husband says that the other employees that have stood up to that manager they get fired, how can we put a stop to that???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Jun. 10, 2010 in Money & Work

• The department of labor, look it up online.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:34 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Look up his regional manager.

GOOGLE up a storm. : )
    Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 12:35 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• If he's paying them part cash to get around taxes then it would be an IRS issue. The problem with the IRS is that you HAVE to identify yourself when filing a complaint and they DO identify you to the employer.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Thanks everyone....also last annoymous what website is it to the IRS?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:00 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:42 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• why cant he handle this himself?
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 9:03 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Contact your state's Department of Labor, they will jump all over that, and it's annoymous
    customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 9:13 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Wage & Hour Board

Answer by admckenzie at 9:43 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• I would personally call the Better Business Bureau! I would file a complaint, and hound them until they do the follow-up! This will put a mark on the company as a whole, kindof like on your credit report, or background check, it will be available information for any person who works there in the future.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 10:20 AM on Jun. 10, 2010