Update to needs monthly menu

I need recipies for dried pinto beans, I have lots and lots of those as well as rice lots of rice, lots of rice a roni (when ever I make it never turns out I guess, no patience when you saute over med. heat till vermicelli is brown), old corn muffin mix and old bisquick, 100 packs of orange duck sauce, I have meat(roasts and stuff) in deep frezze as well. I want to try to use stuff up, would like a menu for july and august

blue_glass_mama

Asked by blue_glass_mama at 12:57 AM on Jun. 10, 2010 in Food & Drink

• i think that is how you make rice a roni. GET PATIENTS!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:00 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• PATIENCE LMAO!!!
    Anonymous

• pinto beans and ham is good..soak beans overnight....boil beans add meat until done yummy. rice is good with any meat and a gravy packet also with hamburger green beans and cream of mushroom.
    lendales_mommi

Answer by lendales_mommi at 1:30 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• I have tons of recipes for beans and for rice. Send me a message offlist if you would like any recipes.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:27 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• I use pinto beans in chili, taco soup, baked beans, bean salad, and I make my own refried beans to use in tacos, nachos, and burritos.

Rice: rice pudding, glorified rice (add cooked rice to can of drained pineapple, some Cool Whip, bit of pineapple juice, maraschino cherries if desired), have cooked rice for breakfast with brown sugar & milk, rice bread (I have a recipe, it's what my family prefers over even store bought bread), stir fry, sesame chicken, teriyaki chicken, porcupine meatballs

I'd be hesitant to use the old corn muffin and Bisquick mixes if they are past their "best if used by date." I've heard of cases where people have severe reactions after eating food made from outdated Bisquick or pancakes mixes.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 6:56 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• I don't know now old the mixes are but---I will check.
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 10:00 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Add a few tablespoons of Miracle Whip or mayonnaise to corn muffin mix before baking.

Makes it really moist.
    Yum!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Do you have any ground meat? If so make a meat loaf and use the orange duck sauce instead of egg in your mix.
    If you have any honey, put two or three tablespoons in your water when you make it. It comes out slightly sweet and goes well with chicken dishes.
    Rice a Roni? I always burn it. Can't help you there.

With the muffin mix add a few smashed brown banana's and it will perk up the corn bread (If you don't want to buy them brown, put three in the freezer for a few days then have them defrost in a bowl overnight.)

Another thing if you have a good pork roast, cut some slits into it and stuff the duck sauce in there with maybe some ginger or garlic before you roast it.

elizabooks

Answer by elizabooks at 3:36 PM on Jun. 10, 2010