I don't like a neighborhood boy who comes over and hangs out with my child.

This kid purposely wants the other boys to hit him in the "nuts" when they are playing baseball. He's in second grade and that's what he says, "hit me in the nuts." Today they were out fishing and he was threatning to hit my son and the other neighbor boy with the fishing pole. I told him that's not acceptable and there will be no hitting! He looked down so I left and hid in the garage and spied on them. Sure enough this boy started up again. I feel bad not wanting to include him, but he doesn't listen and I don't want to have to constantly watch the boys when they are playing out there. Would it be terrible if I just made up an excuse everytime the boy comes over to play?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:36 AM on Jun. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Don't make up an excuse tell him. and maybe he will learn a lesson.

This. We have a neighbor who has essentially been banned from every house on the block. It's not really her fault - she's only 4. She acts the way she does because nobody has bothered to teach her any better, but it still doesn't mean we tolerate her behavior. She's been told on multiple occasions that hitting, kicking, and stealing are not allowed at our house (and at anyone else's). Her reaction is usually to shrug, call us stupid and go home and lie to her mother about it.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:53 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Why don't you tell him, "You're not allowed to hang out with __ anymore because of your behavior."

Don't make up an excuse tell him. and maybe he will learn a lesson.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:38 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• I agree with MomNbabyGirl. Don't make up an excuse, just tell him. I have a few kids in our area I won't allow my children to play with.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:42 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• OP here; We live in a very tight knit neighborhood and I just don't want to rub the parents the wrong way. I've just met them at block parties, but they seem like good people. I just don't want to be "that person"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:04 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• why dont you let the childs mother know, maybe this isnt a normal behaivior he has at home. Or maybe the mother can keep an eye on her own child if she knows whats going on.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 2:32 AM on Jun. 10, 2010