Does anyone here have a step monster?

I can't stand my dad's wife, she is a shit starter and she is the closest thing to satan on earth. My dad is turning 70 on July 1st and she didn't invite me and one of my sisters because she claims she couldn't afford to invite a bunch of people because where she is holding the party you have to pay per head. I think we should have been the first ones on the list, but once again we are left out of another mile stone in my dad's life...Ugh!

MrsAJLaw

Asked by MrsAJLaw at 1:57 AM on Jun. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• UGH! What a rotten, underhanded thing for her to do! You have rightfully called her step monster. My dads wife is totally opposite of that so I guess were all lucky.
    That is a shady act your step mom pulled. I can't begin to imagine how angry that would make me! Can you talk to your father about it and tell him how much you really want to be there? Thats just not right.
    Maybe plan a party of your own for him for the followong weekend or something. What if she has him to believe that you just didnt show up because you didnt want to, not because you werent invited. UGH.Thats all I have to say about that.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 11:17 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Exactly how my stepmom is! If you didn't say your dad was 70 I would've thought you were my sister with an account. My stepmom goes around talking smack to everyone in town about me. Most, if any, is not true. but I strongly believe she is jealous of me and my life so she needs to make me look bad. I just say F her now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:10 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• I had one as a kid, my dad left my mom and I for her and then she left my dad for another man LOL. She was and is pure EVIL, when i would visit she made my life a living hell and I asked to stop visiting. I was blamed for everything her kids or niece did wrong, she tried to kick me out when i was 8 y/o while my father was at work, and when i got sick she told him i was faking for attention and when my mom got me back i had to be rushed to the ER because i had developed pneumonia.

My father always thought I was making it all up to get attention, until one day her new husband told my father how she treated her new step kids. Luckily he married a really nice woman after her but there is a part of me that will never forgive how i was treated. My mom is a step parent and always treated her steps as her own, they still call her mom and love her like their own.

3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:33 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• If it were me, I would honestly talk to her and my dad together. And say, "Look, I know you can't afford to pay for the extra people, but let us know how much it is per person to attend, we will pay the cost of us to attend." That way, she cannot refuse without looking like a total and complete ASS!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 7:33 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• yes. I don't talk to my dad anymore because of her. my dad allows it and he would obviously rather have her and her kids in his life than his own so...whatever. It sounds like i am a jeolous brat but its not that way at all. I am jealous but she does exactly what yours does
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:00 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• i'm lucky and have an awesome stepmom, but the one before her i'm pretty sure she was satan. she took my dad for a shit load of money. she was nice in the beginning, then when i was pregnant my kids dad and i were visiting and she called the cops on us and had us removed from the house because she thought we were drug dealers because we had cell phones and she didn't know who we were talking to. my dad bought me a ring that had mine and my daughters birthstone on it (diamond) it was a really nice ring, it almost looked like an engagement ring, she stole it! she would sell my dads stuff so that she could gamble, then she started staying in another town, and she'd have him send her money for 'bills' turned out she wasn't paying any, but saved it all and bought herself a house! she caused a lot of hurt in our family...
    Anonymous

• Thanks for responding, I don't have any friends with step moms who can relate to my situation. I have an update...I can no longer call their house I have to call my dad on his cell phone!!!! What a f'n bitch!
    MrsAJLaw

Comment by MrsAJLaw (original poster) at 2:49 AM on Jun. 25, 2010