Anyone cook scrambled eggs/egg whites in the microwave?

About how long do you cook em?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:12 AM on Jun. 10, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I saw that on the CBS news this morning, to put 2 egg whites in a sprayed coffee cup I don't remember how long, sorry but it looked cool with an english muffin and a piece of canadian bacon
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 2:43 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• I tried it once when I was a kid shortly after we got our first microwave. It turned out pretty rubbery and inedible. Could be because it cooked too long. I haven't ever tried it again. Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:47 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• I've done this, it's not nearly as good as cooking it on the stove and you need to be careful not to over cook it or it turns to rubber.

I usually scramble 2 -3 eggs and then put it in a cup or bowl that I sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. I then cook it on high for about a minute to a minute and a half. Watch it close. Eggs cooked in the microwave sometimes puff up and go over the edge of the cup or bowl. no idea why.

If you choose to cook eggs in the mircowave it's also important to Only cook scrambled eggs. If you cook an egg sunny side without breaking the yoke or cook an whole egg it will explode in the microwave and can be dangerous.
    Anonymous

• We do ours in a small round shallow dish. making it flat and round and then put it on a bagel. I would say that way it cooks four about 1 min. WE laso mix in a little milk and sometimes a little hot sauce to.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:02 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• We've done it a couple of times, but it always turns out kind of gross. But I read somewhere you cook it for 1 min for 2 eggs.
    beckomes1219

Answer by beckomes1219 at 5:08 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• I have. I was careful not to overcook them but still didn't like it and haven't done it again. I use the microwave to melt stuff, to reheat only certain things, sometimes to boil water and that's about it.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 6:01 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• I worked at a panini place and we used to do the breakfast sandwiches this way... take a tupperware container, spray the inside with oil, pour in your eggs (whisked before hand) and tear up your cheese, pressing it into the whisked eggs. Salt and pepper, then pop in microwave for 2 mins. Take out, stir, and nuke another min or two, until done. will be perfect if you top with a piece of ham or prosciutto, turn it over onto toast, and top with another piece of toast- voila breakfast sandwich! :)
    (we even used to mix spinach, mushrooms, goat cheese, you name it into the eggs, before we microwaved them- my goodness those sandwiches were amazing. we finished them on a panini press, you could always finish it in a skillet (with another skillet laid on top of he sandwich to weigh it down panini style), until it browns...
    CinnamonScallop

Answer by CinnamonScallop at 9:34 PM on Jun. 10, 2010