33 weeks pregnant with a toothache

its not that bad, but its annoying! i do have a chipped tooth that i have had for like 2 years now that has never gave me any problems.. but its not that tooth that is hurting.. its like right beside it.my gums arent swollen or anything like that, it is a bit red but it has always been red like that. and it does give me a headache and my ear hurts a little. it last off and on all day and it doesnt get worse when i eat.. maybe i need more calcium?? im kinda worried about an abcess tooth? i dont have a regular doctor.. idk if i should go to a dentist or not. because i dont think its an infection but what do you think i should do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:08 AM on Jun. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• it MAY be calcium or lack there of.

get cloves,,, crushed or not crushed. if not crushed just grind them up yourself. mix it 1/2 with water just a bit is all you need. get a cotton ball or a qtip and swab it on your sore tooth. the cotton ball you can leave in there. it numbs it naturally.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 5:15 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Go to the dentist. The tooth is just going to get worse hun. That baby sucks all of the calcium out of your teeth, and many women's teeth just go to hell during pregnancy. I had a similar problem when I was pregnant with my first. My tooth went from mildly bothering me, to white-blinding pain by the time I was 6 months pregnant. Turned out I needed a root canal because I waited too long - and they don't give root canals when you're pregnant! (Or decent pain medication) So they drilled a hole in my tooth and left it open until I had delivered my baby. Those last few months dealing with an open, pain-filled hole in my mouth caused me 2 hospital visits because the pain spiked my blood pressure so high and stressed out my baby. Nothing is worse than tooth pain....I'd rather give birth again then go through those horrifying months of tooth pain...
    PotatoMama

Answer by PotatoMama at 4:16 PM on Jun. 10, 2010