Does anyone have a eye glasses perscription for only one eye?

I went to the eye doctor last week and she told me that I have a stigmatism in my right eye,but my left eye is ok(20/20) so she gave me a perscription for eye glasses with medicine in the right eye and none in the laft.Now everytime I put my glasses on,everything looks slanted and I have a headache.Is this normal?

Tia23sb

Asked by Tia23sb at 7:38 AM on Jun. 10, 2010 in Health

• I don't know if it's normal but both my brother and my dad have the same thing and have glasses with a prescription for only one eye.
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 7:48 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• You'll adjust. Everytime I get my rx changed everything looks funny and I have a mild-ish headache for a couple of days. And yeah, it's common to just have an astigmatism in one eye, and if you have no other vision problems then you will just need an active lens for one side and the other will have a blank, Or you can wear a single toric contact lens.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:11 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• It will take a day or two to get used to them, when I switch from contacts to glasses I have the same thing! Keep them on and it will go away! If you take them off, it will not go away, you have to get used to not heving perifial vision! It is not hard to get used to, leave them on!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 8:15 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• I wear a bifocal lens in only one eye. They recommend you wear it in the left eye for me though. It takes adjusting, but it's well worth it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:21 AM on Jun. 10, 2010