Problems with a sister in law! What should i do?

I found out that i'm pregnant a few weeks ago and that same day she told everyone that she was pregnant! My husband and I are choosing not to tell the family untill i'm at least three months bc of the risk of misscarriage and i've had two before and it's really sad for the family so we didn't want them to worry. And my SNL is acting like shes basicly handicap since she found out so i was talking to her about her preganacy to help by letting her talk about her self and i made a comment about what i would do if i ever got pregnant agian and then she fliped out and said "you better not get pregnant now it's my turn to be in the spotlight!" i've only known her like maybe two years if that and i've NEVER been the center of attention around her or taken it away from her for that matter and plus this is my third i dont expect it at all except from my husband ofcourse but now i'm nervous to tell her and her husband when it comes time

sweetmissa47

Asked by sweetmissa47 at 8:51 AM on Jun. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• What an idiot. Do not let this get to you. It's not healthy for you to stress out about this. Congrats. Your baby is just as important as hers. I hate it when women act handicapped over pregnancy. Congrats!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:56 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• I didn't tell my family about my third until after she was born and yes I lived in the same town. I told them it just didn't come up in the conversation! Just let her have her moment and once you start showing then you can mention it. By that time she should be fine.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:57 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Seriously, if she is that rude to say something like that, then DO NOT worry about your wonderful announcement. I really can't stand SILs. lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:11 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• F__ her! I'm sorry if that sounds rude but isn't your life & future baby just as important.If you wanna talk more abou it let me know, simillar issues a while back. I hope you know you deserve every bit of happiness if someone makes you feel otherwise , then dont hang out with them to much~HUGS~CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stephy
    Stefono

Answer by Stefono at 9:17 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Wow she sounds like a spoiled brat. I would just announce it when you are ready and she can get over it. Just be really excited when you tell it.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 9:18 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Well, isn't she just the most selfish little bitch on the planet! Congrats on your pregnancy. Blow her off. Don't even tell her. Let somebody else in the family tell her. People like that don't deserve your time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:19 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• i would put her baby shower invite in the mail first!
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:20 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• She sounds very immature. I think it is a good idea to wait to tell your family. I was in the same predicament. Just wait and when you are ready to tell, just announce it. You are probably farther along than she is so it is not like you heard she was preg and ran out & did it the same day to compete. If she gives you a problem that's what I would tell her "nicely". She will just have to deal with it & grow up. Congratulations & put it out of your mind & focus on YOU!!! :) It will actually be really nice to have children the same age so they can enjoy each other. Tell her that too but she probably cant see past her own nose.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:22 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• OMG !! Yes!!! Listen to shay1130. LMAO
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:23 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Well that is funny, I guess she didn't expect you to already be preggo. Hmm. I d k what to think about her. You know her better than me. Just go about your normal way of dealing with things. I would have personally told her right then and there, I would not have been able to keep it a secret.
    You don't say which side of your family this sil is on. I would let her spouse tell. My husband could tell his bro then tell her, or I tell my bro then tell his wife. That will let the spouse buffer and deflect some of her passionate feelings.
    Sounds like she is just a little immature. Hopefully she will calm down and get over her thoughts that no one should be preggo at the same time. Don't let her immaturity be your problem.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 9:30 AM on Jun. 10, 2010