my 13 year olds eating habits disgusts me

im sorry i feel so bad for saying this but I do not know what to do without hurting her feelings.I raised my kids with manners all of my kids have great table manners but her. she will sit hunched over to eating and if she were any closer to her food when she eats it she would be IN it. Also,when she eats she does not stop she eats and eats and eats. It is to the point that she doesnt stop.At dinner she will be on her third plate before we finish our first. every single food commercial she makes a grunting noise and is like "that looks sooooooo good" or yummy or something else she does the same thing in the grocery store. she weighs like 165 now and it is ridiculous. I do not mind if she is chubby but I DO mind she wears tight tight low rise jeans her gut covers and super tight shirts. I do not want her to be a joke what can I do for her? I dont want to embarass her or hurt her but im to the point ive lost 15 pounds because

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:02 AM on Jun. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• CONT: of the way she eats it reminds me of an animal
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:03 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• I'm sorry, but YOU are the parent. Why are you allowing this child to eat so much food? I'm not trying to be mean here but that it is all on you and her father.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:07 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• sit her down go over the rules of your dinner table. Let her know that no seconds will be offered till everyone has finished their first plate. And make her sit there waiting for everyone else to finish. Sorry but if your worried about her weight than a plate of thirds and fourths is enabling her. Tell her seconds will be offered but after that fruit or salad.period. Your incharge stick to your guns. My youngest smacks her lips and that makes my stomach roll so I know where your coming from.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 9:09 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• well, at 13, she isn't paying for all of her own clothes, so why are you allowing her to buy low rise jeans and tight shirts?
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 9:10 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• i agree with anon. You can control it. Let her eat throughout the day instead of sitting down at one meal and hoarding all the food
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:11 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Sorry I am going to have to agree with everyone else. Your CHILD is 13 years old. You are the one who prepares the food, you are the one that gives her the food, and you are the one that buys her clothes. You need to take charge and change things up. You don't have to criticize her or hurt her feels, just tell her your concerned and would like to start doing things differently. Buy healthy snacks to keep in the house so when she wants something between meals then at least she is eating healthy.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 9:16 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• When you serve her plate just mention that is all she is getting so eat slow. End of story. Being 165 is healthy for a 13 year.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:19 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Being 165 is healthy for a 13 year.

That depends on their height and other things. With her eating habits, she may not be.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:20 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• I can't believe that you actually cook that much food as a rule so that she could eat 3 plates of it! No wonder she is gaining so much weight! In my home, I made enough for everyone to have one plate full .No extras, and there were still some leftovers. NOME of us have ever been overweight. Food is NOT recreation. Food is meant to nourish your body. 3 plates full of food is not nutritious. Her behavior sounds like something way beyond just poor table manners. There IS a disease in which children can never get enough food and they would eat until their stomach bursts....you need to take her to a Doctor NOW>
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 9:23 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• unless your daughter is like 5'8 165 is not health..that is probably still over weight. i am 5'5 and 165 and i am 20 pounds over what i should be
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:23 AM on Jun. 10, 2010