Interview tips?

I have an interview today. Any one care to share some interview tips?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:32 AM on Jun. 10, 2010 in Money & Work

• Depends on the job but here are tips for ofiice/professional work:
    Dress neatly & conservatively (means you are tidy & dependable), no low cut tops or short skirts.
    Sit upright & straight in the chair & do not cross your legs (only at the ankles if you have to).
    Answer questions calmly & don't elaborate.
    Smile.
    Do not bash your previous Job, Boss or former Co-workers.
    Don't immediatley ask for time off.
    Don't tell them any of your problems.
    Prepare what you will say if they ask "why do you want to work here? What are your biggest assets" & if they ask what your negatives may be, say " I am a stickler for detail".
    Do not be late, be early and wait in your car so you can relax a few minutes.
    Act confident but not arrogant.
    Shake the interviewers hand and say Thank You a lot.
    Good Luck!!! & let us know if you get the job!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:49 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• sorry, I just saw this. Send a thank you note to everyone you met with. A thank you note should have three parts: thank you; remind them of an aspect that you discussed during the interview that demonstrates how great a fit you are for the position and corporate culture; something you thought of after you left.

Best of luck to you! Feel free to contact me directly; I do career and job search coaching.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:27 PM on Jun. 10, 2010