Im 21 weeks pregnant with twins

My doctor has been putting me on and off bed rest for the past 6 weeks. So when should i pack my hospital bags? And do u think its why to early to buy the babies a take home outfit? And get the babies room ready? I have a 3 and1/2 yr old daughter that helps me out with a lot of stuff. But i like to do thing my way.
What should i pack forthe hospital?
Please help

samantha06

Asked by samantha06 at 10:15 AM on Jun. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• well its never too early to buy clothes or decorate the babys room. and I packed my hospital bag when I was 19 or 20 weeks lol, then I would unpack it and pack it again...its all whats most convenient to you
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 10:25 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• It's never too early to prepare for the arrival! That is the fun part of being pregnant =) I say go for it. You may change things up a million times, but so what! lol Enjoy it and have fun!
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 10:28 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• With twins it is a good idea to start early on shopping and decorating becasue even if you don't deliver early you won't feel like doing much the last month or two. Packing or not packing your bag is a personal choice. I didn't pack my hospital bag early with my twins because I didn't want to do anything to encourage the babies to come early and I felt like if I was too prepared they'd just decide it was time (I know, silly thought). Also, a lot of the things I was taking to the hospital were things I used on a daily basis. I did make a list of what I wanted to take to the hospital and good directions for finding those items in my house, so just in case I did deliver early my husband or my mom could get them for me. Congrats & GL!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• In your situation I would go ahead and pack the hospital bag now because you just never know when you are going to end up in the hospital or on bed rest again.

I would also buy their coming home outfits in premie and get the room ready. If there is a chance you will go early than you could be looking at some NICU time for your little ones. If that's the case you don't want to be getting the nursery ready between runs to and from the hospital to feed and see the babies.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Do everything early just in case. You really could go at anytime. I carried twin boys, didn't dialate, didn't have contractions so we scheduled my c section for 37.5wks. Everyone is different.
    Have you been having contractions and such? Was there a reason he put you on bedrest besides carrying twins?
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 12:31 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• like others have said, nothing wrong with getting things done early!
    i started having contractions with my twins at 5 months. listen to your body and take it easy whenever you can! the longer those babies stay in you, the better they will be!! i also suggest eating tons and tons of food, as much as you can. one book i read suggested 4000 calories a day, and said that a possible reason for twins coming prematurely is because of maternal malnutrition. so eat up mama! it gets harder and harder to eat the further along you go!
    as far as packing goes, i always recommend throwing away anything that hits the hospital floors, so i wouldn't get expensive slippers : )
    congratulations on your babies!!!!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 12:41 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• on a side note of happy2bmom25......my mom had a friend who drank 3 nutritional drinks a day in addition to eating because she felt she wasn't getting enough nutrients...and she had triplets, 5lbs each! She lasted til 36wks.
    I did the same, and my boys were 6lbs1oz and 7lbs6oz.....and like I said, we had to schedule the c section because they didnt' want to come on thier own! lol
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 12:45 PM on Jun. 10, 2010