Do any other stay at home moms sometimes think to themselves "I just can't do this anymore or I am going to lose my mind??"

I am a stay at home mom to a 2 1/2 year old and a 5 1/2 month old. Lately I have been having such a hard time trying to stay somewhat "sane" throughout the day as my 2 year old is constantly testing me and my almost 6 month old is never satisfied unless I am holding him in my arms. Add the fact that I am usually up by 5 a.m. by the time lunchtime rolls around I have about had it. I know these feelings are probably normal but was wondering if anybody else out there feels like this some days?? It just may be comforting to know that I am not alone and maybe someone else out there has some "words of wisdom".

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:16 AM on Jun. 10, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• well Im a stay at home mom of a 9month old girl, and I let go of my sanity a LONG time ago.! lol. theres too many things to do, why both on worrying if Im going to go crazy lol.
    well one thing you should do is get everyone on a schedule, and follow that ruotine veryday..it has really help me
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 10:21 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• You Are Not Alone! Sorry, I don't have any "words of wisdom", but I don't really remember much of what happened before Kiwi was about a year, or 18 months or so. It was spent in a sleep deprived haze. She's 5 now and we have our "alone" time where we each just do whatever (within reason of course) for about an hour or so, and it refreshes us both.
    It may seem like it is taking forever, but the time flies so fast. I swear, you'll wake up one morning and they will be going to school and you'll be wondering where the hell the time went.
    I still feel like that sometimes, and I just have to tell Kiwi to give me a few minutes, I take a couple deep breaths, drink a cup of coffee, and I'm all good again.
    Try taking a couple minutes. Put the kids in their crib (the baby anyway, if the older one isn't in one anymore, just give them a toy and tell them to sit for a few) then sit down alone ignoring the crying for 3-4 minutes.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 10:23 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• I am a WOHM and feel this way - I have only 1 son - he was a colic filled baby for the first year, HATES To sleep, food allergies, constipation issues, NEVER happy - and now for the past 6 months he won't sleep - and last night we battled til 2am - seriously, I don't know what to do anymore, the Dr thinks he won't sleep because I will go in to comfort him and I try to let him cry and he flips out - he did this for 7 straight hours last night, constantly complains of stomach aches but because he has no other symptoms, the Dr's aren't doing anything and my husband thinks he's playing me also, he works nights so he doesn't see what he is like - so every morning he wakes up crying.. and has since he was born.. he's 2-1/2 ..... so I go to work on 3 hours of broken sleep and come home and he is already crabby and testing just in his normal 2 year old way - I don't know what to do either some days... some days are so hard.. gl!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:25 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• i have a 3 yr old dd and i'm pregnant and sometimes i just really want to start working again. being here with her all day drives me crazy most the time. i'm freaked out to have this baby and stay home with both of them. i'm thinking of going back to school if i just cant handle it.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 10:26 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• I had this feeling as well when my sons were little and i stank at being a SAHM you have to find one thing for yourself even if you only do it for a couple hours a week. Its crazy hard being a SAHM or a mother in general and it would be strange if you did not feel like this. I would get a hobby or sometime for yourself it helps revive you and even if you just go for a walk or read a book it will help you. GL Momma

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:40 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• My boys are 18, 20 & 22, & I've been a sahm pretty much the entire time. As much as I adore my boys (& I'm sure you adore your babies) there've been times through out their lives that I've thought....."I could go to work, & get a babysitter to do this", or even "I could just walk out that door & never come back".....but as kiwismommy said, unbelievably, each stage flies by so quickly, before you know it they ARE in school, then graduating, & even moving out.

It may not help much when you can't put the 6 month old down long enough to go to the bathroom, or have an entire adult conversation w/o the 2 year old testing you, but it does go by quickly.

What saved my sanity was my M.O.M.'s Club. It's a support group for sahm's. You meet other moms with kids the same age as yours, they have playgroups, moms night out babysitting co-ops, basically whatever the moms in that area want or need.I'm still friends with many of those moms
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:41 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Anyway, I got long winded, but I think the M.O.M's Club is online, and the are national, so look them up, and I hope it helps you as much as it helped me. Good luck, and hug those babies......
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:43 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• I have an almost 2 year old and am pregnant again. I do feel like this a lot. Don't get me wrong I love my son but and enjoy being with him but sometimes I just want to break down.. and it doesn't help I don't have a license right now so i am stuck here in the house 24/7. I don't really have any words of wisdom except try to get your self a break. Like me and my husband came up with a plan that every other sunday I am "off duty" that helped a little bit.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 10:45 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Everyday ---- Everyday!!!!
    melk819

Answer by melk819 at 11:12 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• oh yeah, i feel like that all the time and i only have one child! sometimes i just really feel like i need a break. i love my son so much, but the constant whining, crying and needing really can get to you after a year of doing it everyday! to be honest, i cant wait to get a job, because i really feel like i need my identity back and a reason to leave the house everyday.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:14 AM on Jun. 10, 2010